Scheduled maintenance | FerrariChat

Scheduled maintenance

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by BentleyC, Oct 20, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BentleyC

BentleyC Karting

Jul 11, 2016
    SW FL
    The 2014 Cali that I bought a couple of months ago is going to be due for annual service in February based on the last reported service date in its carfax report.

I assume that I will want to go to the nearest Ferrari dealer, which, being in SW Florida, means Miami or Tampa.

Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect. Can I drop it off in the morning and pick it up later in the day or will it take longer? Will the dealer have any kind of loaner/courtesy car or will I need other arrangements? Could be a nice excuse for a daytrip with the wife.

2. Wallsttrader

Wallsttrader Rookie

Apr 15, 2016
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I would recommend Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale they also own the Dealer in NYC. They have arranged to pick up my car and then return it next day.

3. BentleyC

BentleyC Karting

Jul 11, 2016
    SW FL
    FoFL would pick up my car from Naples and return it? Is that something they do if you buy the car from them or for anyone servicing a Ferrari with them?

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    If it were me, I'd call the service director at each and see which one gives you the best vibe, and then augment with intel from the people on the Florida region forum. Isn't there also a Ferrari dealer in Palm Beach?
    T

5. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I suspect they might pick it up for free if you bought it new there, not sure otherwise. The Ferrari dealer up here has no loaner program of any kind. Check the in-service date with Ferrari, that will tell you the window to get the free service, either dealer can tell you that by looking at the VIN#. That will also tell you when your warranty expires and you may want to take advantage of extending the original bumper-to-bumper factory warranty another 2 years if you still can, it's much more comprehensive than the regular Ferrari extended warranty.

6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I think you can get some useful info by registering your car at my.ferrari.com. But, the most cmplete and useful info on prior maintenance that I got was through the original selling dealer...T

7. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

If this is your 3rd Service, it should take 3-4 hours to complete, actual work time, when you book the appointment, they will be able to tell you about their work load and actual turn around time. So, if you have it to them by 9am , most could finish the work by 3-4pm same day. ( As long as you schedule in advance! )

I can only speak for my team, but we would get it back to you within 24 hours of drop off if scheduled in advance. I would expect most other's can do the same for you.

NOTE: IF you add anything to the appointment, for example, " Hey, I have this intermittent XYZ that occurs on Thursdays... " then expect it to take longer and allow for the unexpected. Even if you think it's something simple, it changes the work flow.

I do not know of any Ferrari Dealership that provides loan cars, but most can make arraignments for a rental if you want to go around town while you are there.

I am sure they can give you a ride and back from a specific destination in the area of the Dealership as well.

Regarding pick up and delivery, we usually offer that to clients that purchased their cars from us, but at times, depending on shop load, we will make exceptions for other known clients.

If you want to, PM me the last 6 of your VIN and I can tell you what svc is due and if there is anything else lurking that you need to know about.

Happy to help,

Steve
    [email protected]

8. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Call and make a plan. They can put in your vin and tell you the service date. They can also tell you if you can drop off and pick up the same day. That is what I did, dropped off, went to work at a Starbucks and picked up 4 hours later. But I called first and planned to drop of and pick up same day.

9. LeoNewland

LeoNewland Karting

Jun 2, 2007
    Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Leo Newland
    Must say Steve that your team (Larry Neighbors and service technicians) do an excellent job. As I mentioned to you at MSR about bringing my red Cali in for service, dropped it off Monday for first year service and it was returned yesterday (Tuesday) - and that included replacing a part and repair of a rear diamond polished wheel!

MY 2016 Cali T has been flawless (knock on wood) the first year and continues to impress me as to how reliable it is given that I drive it every day. Thank you (and everyone at Boardwalk) for all you do for FerrariChat members and the local FCA - it is genuinely appreciated!

Leo

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

+1, Leo. But, don't forget Paul! 😀

Btw, that's a gorgeous Cali T you have.

T

11. LeoNewland

LeoNewland Karting

Jun 2, 2007
    Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Leo Newland
    Thank you Tom for the compliment, but no more gorgeous than yours! Enjoyed meeting you at Motorsport Ranch (MSR). Boardwalk does a great job of organizing that event - you guys were having a great time.
    Leo

12. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Thank both of you for your kind words!

It's truly been a pleasure working with you both and makes working to change the Dealership stigma worth it!

See you both out soon I am sure!

S