Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Model Specific Discussions > California

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed

CaliT HS Order In!

Ok our order is finally in, as many of you saw the wife and I bounced all over the place but I think we are at something that is unique, not too flashy, and very detailed in design. It was a fun (stressful) process, now are just waiting for the order to be locked for build in late January we were told. This was and still is a very nerve racking process especially when you are trying to balance out everyone's needs and recommendations - and I am still on the fence for the colour combo. If it was me it would be red on black with all the bells and whistles. Below is summary of our spec - we got our inspiration from a 599GTB and F12 that were done similar and looked amazing in pictures (Sabbia and TDF blue change in lighting so much).

TDF blue, sabbia interior, shields, yellow calipers, daytona seats with black inserts, contrast stitching full (black and sabbia), HS package, yellow rev counter, full carbon treatment, inner/external mirrors, full electric seats, rear parking, 20inch matt grey rims.

CaliT HS Build Youtube
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 11-01-2016, 10:51 PM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed

Some pics

But keep in mind we added the yellow rev counter as well. Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TDF1.jpg (32.1 KB, 671 views)
File Type: jpg TDF2.jpg (39.8 KB, 675 views)
File Type: jpg TDF3.jpg (38.0 KB, 670 views)
File Type: jpg TDF4.jpg (35.8 KB, 674 views)
Old 11-02-2016, 06:49 AM
F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Tom C
Just gorgeous. BTW, do you know if ventilated seats are now an option on the Cali T? Those would be a major plus down here in hot climes.
T
Old 11-02-2016, 08:14 AM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc View Post
Just gorgeous. BTW, do you know if ventilated seats are now an option on the Cali T? Those would be a major plus down here in hot climes.
T
Yup they totally are Ventilated full electric seats RSFV $8,397
Old 11-02-2016, 09:12 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Graham
I like that, my fave being one of the dark blues over Cuoio. Pozzi is possibly too dark, Scotia is about right for me but non metallic. You can't go wrong with Tdf, though from the special orders Blu America is a nice color, a little darker than Tdf I think.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:22 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rc...78182927153946
Old 11-02-2016, 10:06 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhn2000 View Post
Ok our order is finally in, as many of you saw the wife and I bounced all over the place but I think we are at something that is unique, not too flashy, and very detailed in design. It was a fun (stressful) process, now are just waiting for the order to be locked for build in late January we were told. This was and still is a very nerve racking process especially when you are trying to balance out everyone's needs and recommendations - and I am still on the fence for the colour combo. If it was me it would be red on black with all the bells and whistles. Below is summary of our spec - we got our inspiration from a 599GTB and F12 that were done similar and looked amazing in pictures (Sabbia and TDF blue change in lighting so much).

TDF blue, sabbia interior, shields, yellow calipers, daytona seats with black inserts, contrast stitching full (black and sabbia), HS package, yellow rev counter, full carbon treatment, inner/external mirrors, full electric seats, rear parking, 20inch matt grey rims.

CaliT HS Build Youtube
Looks great. Congratulations.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:27 PM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Your Build

I think the result will kinda look like this (though without my son in the Driver's Seat). I have the yellow calipers and rev counter too, if you want pictures of them.

Great color choice (and I put my money where my mouth is). Enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ferrariJosh2.jpg (123.3 KB, 616 views)
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 11-02-2016, 09:02 PM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatNeckLawyer View Post
I think the result will kinda look like this (though without my son in the Driver's Seat). I have the yellow calipers and rev counter too, if you want pictures of them.

Great color choice (and I put my money where my mouth is). Enjoy.
Very very cool to see someone with this combo, yes could you please send me more pics. Only concern we had was whether the sabbia was too "light" as an interior but here it looks amazing especially with the inserts.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:14 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Congrats. Awesome choices and we need more pics from the lawyer!
Now you just have to endure the wait...
Old 11-25-2016, 11:59 PM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Just picked up my HS

See below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3188.jpg (59.7 KB, 490 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3194.jpg (59.5 KB, 493 views)
Old 11-28-2016, 05:11 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Mitchell Lombard
Nice, enjoy !
Old 04-11-2017, 10:10 AM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed

The wait...

Well as you may know the wait is killer but today (after placing the order in October) they uploaded the first pic and I was able to access the my/ferrari portal! I actually had to dig to find my original thread..hehe. Very excited, I am sure it will be about a month till I see the car but glad to know its on the way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CPS_cd232c6cf5d8750e23876afa58a2907e_2736x1824.jpg (67.5 KB, 358 views)
Old 04-11-2017, 07:57 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Congratulations. I've been at stage 30 for weeks with no invite PIN and no photos.
Glad to see someone is being respected.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:37 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Talking

Funnily enough, half an hour after seeing the above picture from the OP,our production photo arrived.
I am delighted, but I did wonder for a second if the factory are sending a stock image.
On reflection though, they are different images taken from two slightly different angles..hopefully of different cars !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cali Priduction Photo.jpg (75.3 KB, 308 views)

Last edited by 635CSI; 04-12-2017 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:11 AM
F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Tom C
Quote:
Originally Posted by 635CSI View Post
Funnily enough, half an hour after seeing the above picture from the OP,our production photo arrived.
I am delighted, but I did wonder for a second if the factory are sending a stock image.
On reflection though, they are different images taken from two slightly different angles..hopefully of different cars !

Spooky! The car in background seems to be in a different position! Congrats to you and uhn2000, and I hope this means that the log jam is broken and hsc2001's Fezza will soon surface.
T
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-12-2017, 07:20 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Talking

Might well mean the log jam is broken, a jam possibly caused by 70th anniversary cars.
Lets hope so !
Old 04-12-2017, 10:16 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Yeah, all the photos look quite similar but there are always differences, like the black extension cord / junction box at the lower left.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:54 PM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 635CSI View Post
Might well mean the log jam is broken, a jam possibly caused by 70th anniversary cars.
Lets hope so !
If I get my car in June it will be 9 months for a CaliTHS - I remember them saying how they wanted to have it here before my bday (late April). Nuts..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsc2001 View Post
Yeah, all the photos look quite similar but there are always differences, like the black extension cord / junction box at the lower left.
Hehe.. so true, ever so slightly different.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:41 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Trust me, you will love the car and it will be at your dealer in about 5-6 weeks. I ordered my Cali T HS May 2016 and picked it up in November 1 of 2016, the car was truly epic. I just took delivery of my 488 GTB today (same color scheme as my Cali T HS) and as amazing as it truly is, the Cali T is such a more "usable" car on a day to day basis.

IMHO, every Cali T should come with the HS package as standard, the exhause note is wonderful and gives it more of a "Ferrari" tone. I'm thinking how it's just a minor increase in cost (assuming you were going for the magnetic ride anyway) Ferrari would agree based on the very minor cost increase.

As much as the 488 GTB is perfect, I still miss my Cali T HS.... honestly.