Carbon fiber racing seats | FerrariChat

Carbon fiber racing seats

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Jimmy3993, Jan 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jimmy3993

Jimmy3993 Karting

Oct 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Jim Augustine
    Hi folks. I am looking at a potential California purchase. In reviewing the build sheet from the dealer, the car was spec'd with "carbon fibre racing seats".

The car is a few hours away so before making the trip I thought that I would reach out here and ask if anyone has any personal experience with these seats and if so could give me your feedback. They look great. Just wondering about comfort.

Thx as always!

2. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Carbon racing seats are the best for comfort from my experience. 3 Ferrari's with them.

3. Jimmy3993

Jimmy3993 Karting

Oct 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Jim Augustine
    Do you know how hey are priced compared to the power seats?
    I've never seen them in a cali before.

4. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I recall there were 2 or 3 different sizes that were used to fit the racing seats to individual drivers.

Make sure you speak with the dealer selling the car and have them verify whether the seats are sized correctly for you... or you may risk a wasted trip.

5. Chasing Ferrari

Dec 18, 2016
    it may fit a small guy but not you

6. Jimmy3993

Jimmy3993 Karting

Oct 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Jim Augustine
    Hehe. I'm 5'9" 165 and I'm not getting any bigger. But point taken about seat size vein an issue with these seats. I'll get out there over the next couple of months and check it out. These cars don't seem to be moving at the moment anyway.

7. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Only buy Ferraris with racing seats - way more comfortable than the other seat options. If you're tall they just set them lower. Get the large size which, is probably how most of them are specced anyway.