Global Production Freeze? | FerrariChat

Global Production Freeze?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by uhn2000, Jan 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Apparently there is a global production freeze due to the new ERP system Ferrari put in place to manage the orders/options of the cars. My CaliTHS was supposed to be a January build and now looks to move into February (maybe March). Very puzzling as my order has been in for a few months. Anybody have any news on this or experiencing a similar situation?

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    weird, Jennie wasn't supposed to get hers until March, but gets it next week! they built in December.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    so I only received 3 pictures from production. how many were people getting previous builds?

4. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    All very confusing, I am kind of in an interesting situation now.. bah! Need a Ferrari for the April 28-30 and not sure the new one will come in time and now worried to sign over my FF to the dealership not knowing the situation :(.

5. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Back in 2013 my Cali30 was built in the Feb-March timeframe and I picked it up in late April so I think you are probably still OK. I hope FoO will have good news for you.

6. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    This is promising. Thanks for the note. Hoping they can get me some news on timeline soon.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

7. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I got 3 photos 2 years ago...

8. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    For as long as they've been doing this (just the past few years), it's been 2 photos

Once of the primer'd chassis before paint (which I'm unsure is the same pic for everyone!), one at Station 1 of Final Assembly (body, painted) and at Final Inspection of Assembly (completed).

As a bit of trivia,if your car is built on the V8 line (downstairs), the time between picture 2 and 3 is about 48 hours, even though the pictures somehow might arrive weeks apart. Some Cali's have been assembled on the V12 line upstairs, which has a 3 day flow time start to finish.

As for the "ERP" issue, I have no facts but would not be surprised if the conversion brought them to their knees. MODIS is horribly outdated, but getting ready for a full ERP implementation is painful; we have 2 clients right now who can barely take orders and ship due to botched ERP. And, yes, the impacts can be far and wide....

9. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    When do the pictures come? I have been told my car is on the boat, and still no photos?

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    #11 rob lay, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    they come well before that. Mine came the exact days they were produced end of November, Jennie's car will be here this week. Have you logged into owners site?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I have maybe I'm looking in wrong spot. Where are they located on the site?

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Under My Cars, lists my other cars as I already added, but they new to add the knew car to this account too.

13. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I looked but nothing. I will contact the dealer, I doubt they have any control or influence but I will check

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  15. Uonlyhave2seats

Uonlyhave2seats Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    South East, UK
    Full Name:
    Tone
    My Cali is supposed to be a Jan build. My dealer is also saying that they cannot see the status updates.

16. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    About a week into February and at least status is showing now but it's at 10G, no movement.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk