Ferrari warranty update from local dealer | FerrariChat

Ferrari warranty update from local dealer

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Jimmy3993, Jan 31, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jimmy3993

Jimmy3993 Karting

Oct 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Jim Augustine
    I posted a few days back in another thread that during the process of buying a 2014 California from my local dealer that the salesman told me to hold off on the warranty because a new program was being finalized that would be an improvement over the current pricing scheme.
    While taking delivery yesterday, I pressed for more detail and was told the following:
    This spring (April he thought) there would be a new 5yr warranty and maintenance product introduced that would cost about 6k. He said that there would be a cost rebate for cars with existing service coverage.

At this point, that is all I know. If anyone can confirm, please let us know!

2. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Sure hope this happens, seems too good to be true though.

3. doccharlie954

doccharlie954 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2010
    Safe4now, rumor or fact?

4. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    I have not been able to confirm this information via a FNA employee.

I hate to add to the rumor mill but here I go...

there has been some surface level discussion about extending the 12 year new power warranty to cover a total of 15 years.

Also, there has been surface level discussion about being able to extend the seven-year maintenance program .....

Neither of which discussions came with any mention of pricing.

I can tell you this I have been following up with my ABM on a daily basis, who assures me, he will let me know as soon as anything actually solidifies.

I would like for what is being discussed to become reality, because that means I get to keep more stallions in the family for longer...

I promise to update as soon as I get actual facts

S

PS: I am wide open to being proven wrong, as a matter fact , PM me your salesman's name and what dealer he's at and I will see if I can investigate where he got his information from, wouldn't it be great if it was true !

5. Jimmy3993

Jimmy3993 Karting

Oct 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Jim Augustine
    safe4now - will do!

6. Jimmy3993

Jimmy3993 Karting

Oct 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Jim Augustine
    Hmmm.
    Well I just got a call and an email from the sales guy that I just bought from dramatically walking back his original statements about upcoming changes to the warranty program.
    He now says that the change will be to allow for older cars to be included in the program.
    Oh well. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone!

7. mike_747

mike_747 Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Seattle
    #7 mike_747, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    Hum, by older are you talking say 2010 or earlier models? I was just quoted $4,500/year to extend a power-train warranty out to 12 years max.

8. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Currently , New Power Warranty is available on Ferrari's up until the 12th year

What is being discussed, is that it be extended to its 15th year, so a 2003 for instance would be eligible for a policy.

And, it's more than just power train coverage.

I am more than happy to send out an actual New Power Warranty book, that lists exactly what is covered, PM me , while supplies last.. lol

S

9. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    some updated information on the " New Power 15 " program:

Model Type: All
    Subject: New Power 15 Service
    Ferrari S.p.A. has decided to extend the Power coverage program up to the vehicle's 15th (fifteenth) year of age, with the New Power15 service.

New Power15 Service
    The New Power15 service has been introduced to offer the possibility of extending the coverage from the vehicle's 12th (twelfth) year of age up to the 15th (fifteenth) year.

Coverage
    The New Power15 service coverage is similar to previous services as far as the period of coverage is concerned. Coverage will last 12 months and can be renewed annually for a maximum of three years.

Activation of the service may be requested from the 11th (eleventh) year and up to one day before the 14th (fourteenth) year of age since coverage cannot exceed the 15th (fifteenth) year of age.

A request to enter the start of coverage date into the system cannot be made more than 30 days before the start date.

The coverage offered by the New Power15 service is restricted to the following components ONLY:
     Engine:
    • Engine crankcase and all internal components
    • Cylinder head(s) and valve train
    • Oil radiator(s)
    • Oil sump and Oil pump
    • Variable Valve Timing Adjuster
    • Solenoid valves
    (Oil seals and oil leaks in general are excluded)
     F1/Mechanical gearbox
    • Gearbox casing and differential housing(s), including all internal components; (Excluding E-diff, control and hydraulic part)
    • F1: Power Unit, electric pump, valves, actuator, selected and engaged gear sensor
    (Oil seals and Oil leaks in general are excluded)
     DCT gearbox:
    • Gearbox housing, including all internal components
    • ECU
     Power Transmission Unit:
    • PTU: Including all internal components
    • ECU
     Suspension and steering:
    • Complete steering box
    • Power steering pump (excluding drive belts)
    • ECU for controls on steering wheel

I'll create a new thread for discussion

S

10. fahlmanb

fahlmanb Karting

May 14, 2014
    Mount Pleasant, MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Fahlman
    Thanks for the update. However, I thought you could keep renewing until the car became too old (now 15 yrs), or the mileage exceeded ca. 55,000 mi. The above info states you can only renew a max of 3 yrs in a row ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Reread para 2 & 4 - its a limited warranty for years 12-15 only

12. fahlmanb

fahlmanb Karting

May 14, 2014
    Mount Pleasant, MI