SEAT BELT WILL NOT RETRACT | FerrariChat

SEAT BELT WILL NOT RETRACT

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by doccharlie954, Feb 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. doccharlie954

doccharlie954 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2010
    My seat belt will not retract. You have to help it in. Any idea's.

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Depending on the age and use the spring is probably gone. Both my last 2 Toyota's had the same problem requiring a new one. The passenger side ones were no problem but a lot less use. Get it changed or it wont work in an accident.

3. doccharlie954

doccharlie954 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2010
    car is 4 years old. Don't think it's worn out.

4. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Not worn out - just broken. Sometimes mechanical things like seat belt reels just break and get stuck. The spring may simply have had a production flaw or something similar. Unless you want to remove the seat belt assembly and take it apart, which may require special tools, I doubt there's much you can do yourself. Should be an easy fix for your dealer. You can probably get him to order the part needed and then you just have to leave the car there for the swap when it's in. Depending on what's wrong, I'd probably not wait too long. What ever is wrong with your seat belt might keep it from working properly in the case of a collision.

5. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    This YouTube video might be useful to watch...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XL8QbooM84]maybe it just needs cleaning?[/ame]