Apple CarPlay | FerrariChat

Apple CarPlay

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by hsc2001, Feb 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hsc2001

hsc2001 Karting

Jun 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    Does this double DIN integration work properly in the California T?

2. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    I have Apple CarPlay. I like it a lot. Not sure what you mean doe sit work with double din.

3. hsc2001

hsc2001 Karting

Jun 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    Here's what I found on it:
    DIN refers to the size of the car stereo head unit. A 2 DIN system is almost twice the size of the single din system. Remember the good old cassette player systems with remove head units and tiny controls - these were the 1 DIN systems. You still get them as after market accessories but most car manufacturers now stick to the 2 DIN systems. Saves space on the dash as an integrated console your music system, GPS, and other minor controls. Also aesthetically pleasing.

I was mistaken - thought it referred to availability of more connection ports, like if you wanted to add Mobileye 560, etc...I'm thinking of removing the basically useless turbo boost gauge & replacing w/ this cool Mobileye tech.

4. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    How well does your CaliT CARPLAY infotainment unit work with your iOS apps?

I'm curious because hsc2001 also asked about a wiFi camera on an earlier thread... Pearl RearView Camera for Cali - Question .

The 4ucam that hsc2001 discussed uses WiFi which of courses works with the iPhone or Android smartphone but I believe your CARPLAY infotainment system only uses Bluetooth. However, if CARPLAY can use Bluetooth to connect to the 4ucam app on the iPhone, it might provide a kludge. You could conceivably view the camera's image and use it as a front-mounted camera, which would be very useful when driving up close to the curb.