California T HS - Harry's garage | FerrariChat

California T HS - Harry's garage

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by uhn2000, Mar 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I really like his reviews, always get a good feel of the experience and sound of the cars he reviews. He would have given it a 5/5 except for the price! Kudos to Ferrari, can't wait to get mine! - 10R status :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIyqsVOBERk

2. hsc2001

hsc2001 Karting

Jun 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    Yeah agreed, great review. I drove magneride and HS cars back to back today, top up & down. Drove the HS car first. I was worried about the reported harmonic resonance at 2k RPM in the HS cars. It was an interesting comparison. The non HS car was very quiet and "cushy" - like an SL550 maybe even better ride quality. It was actually too civilized.
    I drove the HS car again the afterward & that sealed the deal for me. May delivery. :)

3. mike_747

mike_747 Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Seattle
    At age 64, I've come to the conclusion ride preference is very much an age thing for the most part.
    I test drove an F430 and was a bit shocked by the ride harshness - not that different from the Cumberland Trail in a buckboard I imagine. Especially when you drive it on typical big city streets with a huge pot hole every 15 feet. The stiff suspension also amplifies minor groans and squeaks and makes the whole car seam either cheap or worn out.
    Then I drove a California with magneride and what a difference. Definitely a smother ride maybe even as smooth as my DD, MB E350. Way smoother than my last Fcar, an F355 in comfort mode.

4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thanks for sharing this. I also enjoy his videos and it seems they have a really nice car with the California T!

5. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The CaliT HS has 16% front and 19% rear up-rated springs vs the Cali30 HS with 15% front and 11% rear up-rated springs. The CaliT HS makes better use of the bumpy road button than the non-HS CaliT. I don't find the Cali30 HS ride harsh but on country roads like those in the UK I can see why Harry was a bit cautious with his CaliT HS recommendations.

The early CaliT I drove felt more like a German sports sedan and very far from the raw feel of my Cali30, even before I retrofitted the HS Pack. It felt too refined for an Fcar. I think Ferrari has now added back most of the rawness with the CaliT HS. It still won't sound as good as a NA Cali but does sound like a proper Fcar.

OTOH, I think Harry looks much quicker without the full beard. ;)