Thoughts on price / issues (accident) on 2014 Cali 30 - ZFF65TJA3E0196884 | FerrariChat

Thoughts on price / issues (accident) on 2014 Cali 30 - ZFF65TJA3E0196884

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Brianpore, Mar 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brianpore

Brianpore Rookie

Feb 2, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #1 Brianpore, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi guys, been looking at this 2014 Cali 30 vin ZFF65TJA3E0196884

Wanted to get your thoughts on market price and potential future issues (exhaust, rattles, etc). Had some sort of accident in the rear which required a bit of work. Couple pictures of when it happened (odd the marks are further apart and on top of bumper vs center where "hit"?). Repaired by European Collision Center in Miami, FL.

Not sure what "overhaul rear buper assy" would mean. Is there a metal bumper that should have been replaced? Was bid to $131K on ebay no reserve, was told buyer flaked and then sold to a wholesaler (for who knows how little?) and now asking $139,900.

Seller says "Very Minor Damage Reported this vehicle was not in an accident it just had the rear bumper repaired because of a scratch" but obviously it was not just a scratch which is what concerns me most.

2014 Ferrari California 2dr Convertible In Pompano Beach FL - Lifetime Wholesale

Thanks for the help. Lady of the house likes the color (looking at a couple red ones also haha) and this would be a car that gets driven often and miles put on.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Looks fairly straightforward but a simple rule of thumb is that the roof & trunk lid still work without creaks or warning lights etc

The top line appears to be just describing the overall job ie the plastic was scratched so disassembly was needed to check & fix

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Are you planning on keeping this car for a very long time, and driving the heck out of it? If so, then if you can leverage the accident to get a favorable deal, I might consider it, pending a very thorough PPI. Do you know how many miles it has been driven since the accident? If you are thinking that you'll keep it a few years, and then trade in - I would avoid a car w/ an accident history. Ferrari buyers like "no stories" cars, and this is a story, and would make resale more difficult.

All that being said, that color is gorgeous. When I was in SD, I saw a 456M GTA in that (or a very similar color), and it was a stunner on a sunny San Diego day. So, while I personally would not buy a car with accident history from a non F-dealer, if it's what the missus want's, well then you gotta do what you gotta do! ;) That's how I ended up with an avorio/cioccolato Cali! Good luck in the hunt.

T

4. SB27

SB27 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    Thanks.

I have seen Grigio Alloy (which I love) but this looks much more blue. I also like the interior color combination with the exterior. Very interesting.

Thanks.

5. cranky

cranky Karting

Aug 7, 2011
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Michael S
    Does carfax list the accident? Also, no mention of miles. It's no longer listed online, so perhaps it is sold. Without a prior accident, it's worth wholesale $123-134 with 13-6k miles.