2014 California HS package | FerrariChat

2014 California HS package

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by jadenguyennn, Mar 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jadenguyennn

jadenguyennn Rookie

Mar 17, 2017
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    Jade Nguyen
    Hi everyone, so I just bought my 2014 Ferrari California, and I'm just wondering where the Handling Speciale is, I was not able to understand it from articles. Would any be able to take a picture of the HS and post it here, please?

2. DropNGimme20s

DropNGimme20s Karting

Mar 24, 2017
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I also have a 2014 with the HS package. I'm not entirely clear what your questions is, but the HS package effectively makes the car a bit tighter. You get a quicker steering rack (slightly reduced number of turns), stiffer springs, and the magnetorheological dampers. Just makes the car handle a bit better. I think its a must have for these cars, but not really something you can take a picture of unless I'm misunderstanding what you are asking for. Hope that helps

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  4. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #5 4th_gear, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Jade, as others have already indicated, the HS Pack is a collection of handling performance features made possible by upgraded components and software, and not a single item. In typical European fashion, Ferrari's marketing information does not show the various components or go into any specifics about the software changes, providing just the usual, pretty useless marketing fluff. If you haven't lived with a non-HS Pack California 30, you just have to take the company's word for it. Fortunately, as someone who paid (a lot) extra to upgrade his Cali30 after driving it 3 years, I can say the HS Pack really does work well. I believe cars that were built with HS Pack should have a small logo indicating the presence of the "Handling Speciale" somewhere on the dashboard. Upgraded cars will show the upgrade if you ask the dealer to print out the car's service history.

Here's a page from a Ferrari catalog that shows the actual location of the upgraded components. I've also added the single page of information in the Ferrari brochure for the HS Pack... very superficial information, I'm afraid. :rolleyes:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. jadenguyennn

jadenguyennn Rookie

Mar 17, 2017
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    Jade Nguyen
    Thanks everybody.