People generally happy with their Californias? | FerrariChat

People generally happy with their Californias?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Avia11, Mar 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Hi all, I am new to ferrari. I was thinking of purchasing of mb AMG GTC coupe or the new aston martin vantage. I found a couple of nicely priced 2015/2016 Ferrari California T's. Are there any major mechanical issues or annoyances that people have? Or is it a really great daily? Thanks.

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

My thread, I'll let you be the judge!

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/california/521936-our-first-prancing-pony.html

Seriously though, I'd highly recommend, if you've not done so already, reading as many Cali threads here as possible, good and bad, to get a realistic picture of the Cali ownership experience. These are great cars IMO, but they are not cheap on the care and feeding.

As far as major worries, top failures and transmission sensors seem to be the most common big ticket items I've seen here on F-chat.

Great dailies? I can't say, since I have no commute, but I've driven them in all kinds of weather conditions and traffic situations, and it's a great car.

T

3. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Better than I expected.

I was coming from a 355>360>California so I was used to a completely different animal.

I chose the California because I needed more of a daily driver plus, Ive gained weight and closing in on 50 so wanted emphasis on comfort.

Its very comfortable. Has all the luxury bits plus it sounds like a Ferrari. Okay, not a 355...but still it sounds great once your wring her out.

The hardtop convertible is a huge added bonus.

28k miles and no real problems.

Just dont expect it to be something its not. Its never going to be a mid engine go-kart or a V12 . Its a solid GT.

4. boneislpilot

boneislpilot Rookie

Mar 15, 2017
    Miami Beach
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I just traded mine for a 458. I had zero issues and loved the car. Fast as hell, Ferrari sound, creature comforts and attention getting.

5. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Test drove one and loved it, it's being built as we speak. Hopefully will have many fun miles ahead.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

6. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    I looked at Aston Martin DB9, Maserati GT, Bentley, AMG GT. All great cars. I love driving my California T.

It's fast, I can drive at the track and have a ball.

It's a GT, I can drive 3 plus hours and have a ball.

It's a convertible. I can put the top down and have a completely different ride.

It's a hard top coup. I can drive with the top up if the sun is too hot.

It's a Ferrari, I can drive it anywhere and people turn their heads, even if they don't know what it is, because you don't see a Ferrari every day.

No issues with the car, I put almost 8K on it the first summer. It will come out of winter storage in about 1 to 2 weeks. Ready for another 8k to 10K this summer.

Absolute blast to drive.

7. nietoale1

nietoale1 Karting

Dec 28, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Alex Nieto
    Perfect timing of this thread, as I am also getting close to buy a California, I already have an F360, but now my two daughters are fighting to ride with me, so the Cali is a perfect addition while they are little.

Thanks for all the insights! Hope soon I will come back with some pictures and be also active on this section.

Alex

8. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    while I do not own a T model I have owned 2 different California's and both were great cars and of all the Ferraris I have owned I believe they are the easiest to get along with ...
    Best
    Larry

9. lmronson

lmronson Rookie

Mar 17, 2015
    London
    Full Name:
    Laurence Ronson
    Hi,

I traded my 2014 Cali for a new Cali T last year and after around 12 months I started to get a little bored with the car, it didn't sound great and the handling wasn't as responsive as i would have liked.

I started looking around and the new AMG GTC caught my eye...but as luck would have it, my touch screen display went down in the car and the dealer loaned me their Handling Speciale Demonstrater...job done!!!

The Cali T HS ticks all the boxes...and now it's mine!!!

Job done and everyone's happy...

10. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    @lmronson: Did u drive a GTS? Did you like it?

has anyone else considered the GTS/GTC or is the Cali just a better over all daily driver?

11. lmronson

lmronson Rookie

Mar 17, 2015
    London
    Full Name:
    Laurence Ronson
    I haven't driven the GTS...I'm not a fan but the GTC looked a better proposition until I drove the Cali T HS.

No contest!!!

12. boneislpilot

boneislpilot Rookie

Mar 15, 2017
    Miami Beach
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Ferrari is top of the food chain IMO.

13. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I drove the GTS and thought the seats absolutely suck. I wound up buying the SL 63 for my DD but I own a 458 otherwise I would have bought the Cali T.

14. Siy

Siy Rookie

Dec 15, 2011
    I had a GTC, and it is a wonderful car.. one of the few cars I would buy again... I drove it very slowly though - something that makes you just waft in it. Changed it for the Cali - and in my opinion there is no comparison... both superb cars - but the Cali has the sense of theatre - and the drive is much more involving....