Silly question - hood latch | FerrariChat

Silly question - hood latch

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by tomc, Mar 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Read the manual, found the hood release latch under the steering column. Popped the hood. Now, what do I to release the lever - lift it, push to left, push to right, something else? The lever is E below.

[​IMG]

The frunk on my 911 has a similar contraption, and you push it to the left a little (facing toward car) and it releases the funk hood latch. No such luck with the Cali. Maybe I'm not using enough oomph?

Thanks!

T

2. DropNGimme20s

DropNGimme20s Karting

Mar 24, 2017
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I had a bit of trouble with that as well. You need to pull it up and left, I was originally trying to go just left as that's all it takes on my other cars

3. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

I tried to the left. I tried up. I did NOT try up and to the left.

Huzzah!! Thank you, kind F-chatter. That did the trick!

Now, on to the next chore, adding windshield wiper fluid! But, first, I must pelt friends with iPhone pictures of my engine bay.

T

4. F1CALI

F1CALI Karting

Sep 22, 2016
    Sydney

I am feeling Good Tom, again its not just me
    Lol

After my 5hr hand car washes, trying to open the hood, so i can dry the engine bay, takes me 6 attempts and stress encase i damage something.

5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Yeah, people always say "read the manual" , but sometimes the Ferrari manual is as transparent as mud. Thankfully, F-chat is here for the newbie owner!
    T