I would take a Corvette over that any day | FerrariChat

I would take a Corvette over that any day

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by wrs, Apr 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    #1 wrs, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So I took the car out for a spin in the hill country today amidst the Highland Lakes. Looked at a couple of nice houses on Lake LBJ and drove home. It was a nice 150 mile round trip tour. On the way back sitting at a light with the top down there is a guy with his girlfriend in an Altima just to the right and a little back of us. He says loudly where I could hear it, I would take a Corvette over that any day. LOL! I just laughed where he could hear me. I already had a Corvette, BTDT, graduated a long time ago. Here are some pics of our trip and one of the two houses. Pretty nice set up there on the river, would make a nice second house. The car suits it anyway. There is a pool below the deck and a two boat slip in front. Definitely would need a nice boat to go with a SeaDoo.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    #2 wrs, Apr 16, 2017
    The wife wanted to pose with the car so I took pictures of her clowning with the car. She worried at first she might be too heavy for the car. Well funny thing about the Corvette topic is that I had a Corvette when I first met the wife. It was a 75 pop top roadster with four on the floor. Slow but cool. Here is a pic of the wife with that car and me with that car a few years earlier. That was a long time ago. I bought the car when it was one year old so you can guess how long ago this was. It had the hard top that I could take on and off which gave the car a really California look. I guess this car makes me think of the old Corvette.

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    That car looks awesome in silver.

4. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Thanks. I wouldn't take a Corvette over it. The car was completely comfortable the whole way and being able to switch back and forth from bumpy road to stiff suspension up there in the curvies was really nice. My wife loved the first trip in it. Clearly this car is meant to be driven.

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Great pics. Gorgeous car. And, I'm guessing the wife enjoys the Cali from the big grin on her face. Keep living the Ferrari lifestyle.
    T

6. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    You are winning on all accounts! Ferrari all the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

7. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Very nice pictures.... interestingly i traded a corvette in on my first california .. the cali is a great car..but apples and oranges,..to a corvette.
    Looks like you have anice family.... best

8. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Super sharp in silver.

9. Lookinup99

Lookinup99 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 24, 2016
    The funny thing is the dolt yelled that out sitting in an Altima. Silver shows off the nice lines of the Cali,haters gonna hate,lol

10. nextceo1

nextceo1 Karting

Mar 13, 2017
    #10 nextceo1, Apr 16, 2017
  11. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Next time put the old pics in the glovebox of the Ferrari so you can show them and tell the guy "been there, done that".

BTW, very nice California. Silver, no diamond wheels BS, CLEAN looking!!

12. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Very nice. Very cool your wife plays the sexy car role.

Obv the Altima driver knows not what he is saying.

Enjoy your drives, keep posting pics.

:)

13. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    He probably thought it was the new Mustang ; )

14. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #14 Traveller, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    Having owned one and properly driven the other, just an ill informed comment I m afraid, probably driven by jealousy. Lovely car by the way!

15. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Nice cars and nice pics! Honestly who cares what a guy in an Altima says lol

16. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Sounds like a jealous person's comment. Some people don't get it and they can drive those Vettes all they want. I for one think that the Vette population is way too crowded already.

A while back I did some research and GM made 1,500 Z06 Vettes in December of 2015. That didn't even count the Grand Sports etc. Over played.

And the house, really nice!

17. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Good info to have! I don't see many Cali's around that's for sure.

I have to put the house on the wish list, they are asking $1.7m and it still needs window treatments and furniture as well as a boat and SeaDoo...........

LOL!

18. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Fantastic color choice! I know I wouldn't take a vette over a Cali T.

19. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Whenever someone says 'Id take X over Y' I know they have no real wealth nor have been around it.

They are limited in their thinking that you must have X or Y...when in reality it might be that you have both X and Y and maybe even A, B and C as well !

People really give away a lot of their psychology with seemingly innocuous statements.

20. Jkay

Jkay Karting

Jan 9, 2017
    Haha well that guy can have a corvette then....andyou can happily keep your Ferrari ....

Nice house.... the same money here In Sydney, Australia would probably get you 1200 sq ft lol

21. cranky

cranky Karting

Aug 7, 2011
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Michael S
    I think he was referring to the new Vette that sort of looks like a Ferrari copy. Of course he'd prefer a Vette, hell, he can barely afford the Altima. I could have bought a new Vette for half the price I paid for a used Ferrari, but I diluted most of the red neck years ago, and I gave up silk shirts and gold chains as well. ;-)

22. Brisbane

Brisbane Rookie

Aug 7, 2015
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You should have told him to choose the Cali T, sell it, and buy 4 'Vettes, one each for him and his 3 trailer-mates. Ps why is Shaggy from Scooby Doo standing next to your Corvette?

23. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    #23 wrs, Apr 18, 2017
    Well after looking at the 2017 Vettes, I think that the sheer volume of them out there is overwhelming. Look at this one with 0 miles being offered at $13k under MSRP. I still like my old Porsche better and of course I like my Cali better than both.

24. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    I need a pic of your Cali in front of the Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls. We had a lakehouse there for 30+ years. Miss hanging in the hill country.

25. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I will try to remember next time through. I probably should eat there, I have heard it's pretty decent for breakfast.