2010 California fuel door release | FerrariChat

2010 California fuel door release

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Randbrit, Jun 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Randbrit

Randbrit Rookie

Jun 3, 2017
    Rancho Mirage
    Full Name:
    Darrell Auxier
    I'm a new ferrari owner and recently the fuel door button on the floorboard is not releasing the door. Talked to a Recambi parts guy and he said it is very unlikely that it is the fuel door actuator, but before I spend 300-400 on the trunk/fuel door switch, does anybody have any experience with this problem. Thanks

2. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Can you swap the connections and see if the trunk switch will then open the fuel door?

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#3 Ricambi America, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    That's a pretty clever idea! I don't remember holding this one in my hands (I think Cameron took the photo), but it doesn't seem like there are two discrete connections that could be swapped, unless you open the switch itself.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Not a bad idea to open it ... that may reveal the issue -- broken contact, bad solder joint, etc. Or, if you can apply voltage to the actuator and see if it operates. These are all good ideas in older cars, but not so sure on the newer ones : )

5. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Had the same issue, just spent the money and the dealer fixed it...

6. miketarrant

miketarrant Rookie

Jan 9, 2004
    Happened to mine as well. I took the switch out and shorted the pins (cant remember which two but they are the pair either on the left or right) . This proved that the Motor actuator was working fine.
    Then dismantled the switch and sprayed with electronic contact cleaner. Also sprayed the pins in the cable and the switch connector.
    Reassembled and now all works again.

7. chiroden

chiroden Rookie

Sep 7, 2022
    Full Name:
    dennis butchart
    How did you remove the switch. I am having trouble.