2017 California alarm question | FerrariChat

2017 California alarm question

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by clockem, Jun 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Just received a 2017 California and noticed when the car is locked with the roof up and use the key to open the trunk (doors still locked) the alarm goes off. Mechanic is not sure why this is happening but they tried it on another 2017 and same thing.

Anyone else with same issue?

2. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Mine is in the shop right now or I would try it but I think there is a lock setting in the car setup screen. Don't remember if it includes trunk settings.

3. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    With my 2013 Cali30, you can open the trunk without alarm issues using the remote button when the car is locked, roof up.

Not sure what would happen if I try to insert the key and turn it with the alarm set - never tried it. I've tried just turning the key in the lock with the car unlocked and it was very hard to turn - I believe I should press down on the trunk lid to help release the latch next time try that again but I've never bothered to repeat the experience.

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    My 2011 Cali: the alarm goes off if I use the remote to open the trunk before unlocking the car.

The trunk does appear to be easier to open if you press down on the lid while turning the key. Very awkward for one person, given the less than ideal location of the key hole. Better to find someone to press down on the boot lid while someone else works the key. It's a Ferrari bonding moment!

T

5. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Just got the car back and tried the trunk button on the key with the car locked, no alarm.