Anyone had these 20" rims on their Cali 30 since brand new? | FerrariChat

Anyone had these 20" rims on their Cali 30 since brand new?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by vjd3, Jun 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    #1 vjd3, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    #2 vjd3, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Let me elaborate a little ... when my car was delivered it had been secured on the truck with straps over the rear wheels, which left some marks on the painted part of the rims. The dealer shipped them off to a place that can refinish the diamond finished rims. Now they have small lines from the machining visible if you look close and at the right angle. I understand this to be a characteristic of the diamond finish, depending on who does the finishing, but the other rims on the car are just bright polished looking spokes without the lines. Trying to determine if the original factory finish had those lines or not. It's not a big deal, subtle difference and only visible if you look very close, but I'm curious.

Here's a closeup of the lines on one of the refinished rims.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    I had a rim repaired as well. Same lines.

Should not have lines. I don't think it would be noticed if the tires are next to each others, but its a flaw.

I'm selling mine as replace for someone that damages a rim, or a complete set that can be used as is, or painted black (would not show the lines).