California Bike Carrier | FerrariChat

California Bike Carrier

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by BillyD, Jun 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #1 BillyD, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. DropNGimme20s

DropNGimme20s Karting

Mar 24, 2017
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Wow, that's quite subtle

3. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    A neighbor, who is tri-athlete, had a roof-mounted bike rack on his SUV and one day forgot his multi-thousands of dollars carbon fiber road bike was up there. He backed into his garage with predictable results. No more roof racks since then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    There used to be an alarm you could get that beeped when you approached your garage to avoid doing this. Don't know if there still is. This is why I will never get a roof rack. I would have to shoot myself for wrecking a $10K custom Ti bike. Probably would damage the roof too.

5. Prugna

Prugna Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Unites States
    Put the garage remote on the bike.

6. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    IMO, roof racks like these are more of a "bike on display" item than they are practical, as already noted by others. I know it's cool to drive to your biking location in your FCar but it would be more of a novelty experience than a sustainable one.

I secure my bikes to a lockable THULE rack that I installed, with minor modifications, in the cargo box of my RAM 1500 pickup and the bikes comfortably clear garage door openings as well as not increase the length of the vehicle.

I think 4x4 on-demand pickup trucks are the best companion vehicles to FCars (for N. American FCar owners). ;)