California Fuel Questions | FerrariChat

California Fuel Questions

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Magon, Jun 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Magon

Magon Rookie

Jun 15, 2017
    London, UK
    #1 Magon, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    I have had my California (2009) for around 10 days now.

I live in London UK, the first time I fueled the car the nozzle kept clicking so I only put in around 30 liters.

Next time (different fuel station), it kept clicking again. I have now noticed that the fuel nozzle needs to be kept slightly further out then normal. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Today I got a warning message saying low fuel and around 65 miles remaining, after around 5 miles of traffic it said 45 miles remaining. I then went to the mall and started the car two hours later, when I drove out it showed no range and no bars on the fuel gauge. And the trip computer was completely blank for all the fields.

I went to the pump and the tank was full at just under 60 liters, is this normal? I believe the tank is 78 liters, so it should have showed some fuel on the gauge with 18 litres?

Also on the trip computer, is there any way you can see the mpg?

Thanks.

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    In my experience, the fuel and mileage remaining are a guesstimate at best. I fill up when the display reads about 3 bars, out of the total 9 bars. I don't like to chance it. I'd say the most gasoline I've put in is about 16 gallons, or about 60 liters.

As far as clicking and difficulties fueling, I can't say I've had any while fueling up. Few gas stations I've seen in Texas have those vapor reduction rubber sleeves/boots, which I've read can make things a challenge.

I don't think you can get the trip counter to display mpg. My guess it'd be a really scary number!

T

3. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Insert nozzle upside down and should fill fine.

4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    This.

5. Magon

Magon Rookie

Jun 15, 2017
    London, UK
    Thanks will try this out.

So 60 litres seems normal.

Yes agreed mpg would be a scary number but in guessing would have been better then my Maserati gran turismo. This did display the mpg.

6. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    On the 458, to solve the continuous clicking while refuelling, doing the last 20km on Sport mode seems to solve 90% of refuelling woes. Have you tried a different manettino setting before refuelling? May also help in the Cali.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

7. Magon

Magon Rookie

Jun 15, 2017
    London, UK
    Mine is usually on sport, maybe I will try comfort in that case.