infotainment screen | FerrariChat

infotainment screen

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Asif1680, Jun 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Asif1680

Asif1680 Rookie

Dec 29, 2013
    I have a 2015 Cali T with apple carplay. The infotainment screen went completenly blank. i can still blutooth music but the screen is blank. I turned off the car and turned it back on hoping it would come back on but still same problem. Anyone else had this problem and am I looking at having a new system installed? Thanks.

2. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    You might try a hard reset- dis-Connect battery post and re connect. Hope it might solve problem

3. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    I have a 2015 California T with Apple CarPlay. It did this once. To fix it I removed the cord and phone. Held the power off button on the radio for 15 seconds. waited 10 seconds and powered on the radio. The radio and info system was working fine. Plugged iPhone in and it worked fine.

4. Asif1680

Asif1680 Rookie

Dec 29, 2013
    I tried the power off radio button and back on to no aval. I ended up taking it to the dealer. They think it may be a software issue. Will keep everyone posted. Thanks!!

5. PhantomCypher

PhantomCypher Formula Junior

May 25, 2014
    USA
    Happened on my 2015 FF with CarPlay they had to do a battery disconnect and reconnect to restart the system totally.

6. lmronson

lmronson Rookie

Mar 17, 2015
    London
    Full Name:
    Laurence Ronson
    Hi,

I had the same problem last year with a new Cali T...I tried all the usual solutions to no avail and had to take it back to the dealer to resolve the issue.

I ended up borrowing the demo Cali T HS and called the dealer when I got home that they could have my car as I was keeping the HS... job done!!

7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Now that's an innovative approach to problem solving!

How do you like the T versus 30?

T

8. lmronson

lmronson Rookie

Mar 17, 2015
    London
    Full Name:
    Laurence Ronson
    The HS is much more fun...and I use the car as my daily driver in London.

The ride is firmer and the steering sharper. The gear ratios make the car feel quicker and the exhaust sound with all the pops and crackles is what the original car should sound like!!!

All in all it's a much better car...more of a Ferrari than a Mercedes....just my opinion!

9. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    Have you had issues with your battery not starting the car? Low battery voltage can cause problems similar to what you are experiencing.

Do you have a large number of contacts on your phone? If so, when the phone is paired with the infotainment system the large amount of contacts/data can overwhelm the infotainment system and cause the radio to malfunction.

There is also a software update for the system. You will have to go to the dealership to get it updated. The system could also be malfunctioning do to a defect, in which case it will need to be repaired.

10. Asif1680

Asif1680 Rookie

Dec 29, 2013
    Got it back from the dealer and they stated it was a software update issue. Works perfectly now!

11. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Awesome. Now, turn off the infotainment system and never use it again!
    T

12. Gymbo!

Gymbo! Rookie

Jun 29, 2022
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim Nute
    The hard reset worked on my California T. Thx Jim