Ferrari Roof Part Cost | FerrariChat

Ferrari Roof Part Cost

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by stu9891, Jul 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stu9891

stu9891 Rookie

Mar 13, 2013
    Surrey
    Full Name:
    Stuart Morgan
    #1 stu9891, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi. I am just after a price on the part number (circled in the image, attached to this thread).
    I know the cost of the motors and various pumps, etc, but I can't seem to find a price for this particular part.
    Any list of prices of the main components in the roof structure and electrics would also be most welcome.

Many thanks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  3. stu9891

stu9891 Rookie

Mar 13, 2013
    Surrey
    Full Name:
    Stuart Morgan
    Thanks. I was actually talking about the big, main part. The actual arm.
    I can't seem to find a price for it anywhere! :-(

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  5. stu9891

stu9891 Rookie

Mar 13, 2013
    Surrey
    Full Name:
    Stuart Morgan
    Cheers. I thought this same thing, but I've seen other parts from that picture, on sale.
    The motor at the bottom for example.
    Oh well, I'll have to keep digging. Just really, really curious to fin out the costs of all the main parts.

6. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
  7. stu9891

stu9891 Rookie

Mar 13, 2013
    Surrey
    Full Name:
    Stuart Morgan
    Thanks for your concern. Thankfully no, my roof is fine. On a very, very rare occasion, as the back window comes up on the opening phase, it gets stuck (after opening 6 inches), so I have to close it, then try and open it again, which works. I don't know why it does it, but it seems to be have to overcome a stiff phase (like it's catching on something). Hence why I was looking at all the roof parts cost. It's still under warranty but I'm due to renew that soon, so I'm just thinking of what to do.

The whole roof structure is £10k, but it's the individual parts I'm more interested in. Motors/pumps, switches , etc.

8. stu9891

stu9891 Rookie

Mar 13, 2013
    Surrey
    Full Name:
    Stuart Morgan
    This is an example of what happens on the very, very odd occasion:

https://youtu.be/fTPZ0fL0L1Y

Notice how he has to shut the roof and restart the opening process.

9. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Could be a sensor ... thinking part of the top is in an "implausible" position so stopping the process to avoid damaging anything. The sensors are soldered into the wiring harness.

10. stu9891

stu9891 Rookie

Mar 13, 2013
    Surrey
    Full Name:
    Stuart Morgan
    Thanks for that. Can it really be just a sensor? Would it not be doing it all the time? It's probably happened 4 times in the last 3 months. The rear window panel initially moves for a split second, then moves again. It's like it's two stages, but they're so close together, it's hard to see. Have a look at the video again and when the roof opens properly, take a look at where the roof got stuck in the first place and you'll see what I mean.
    Does you roof start off moving in one smooth action, or do they all do that? 😁

11. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Yes, problems with the sensors can drive you crazy because they are intermittent and hard to reproduce at the dealer. I have not seen a problem like yours specifically but anything that happens occasionally with the roof behaving normally the rest of the time points to a sensor issue, not a mechanical issue, at least in my mind, because if it were a mechanical issue it should be broken and stay broken. The sensors are simple Hall sensors that detect motion but they are soldered into the harness, so if it's a weak solder joint the jostling caused by the roof going into motion could make it fail intermittently -- or at least that's my theory on it.

It could be the module that controls the roof. It could be a hydraulic fluid leak in on of the struts, although I would think they would have seen that when they looked it over. It could be an issue with the battery. Something may be misaligned. Could be a lot of things ... this is why I think the extended warranties are a good idea. My top has been up and down at least 100 times since my sensor issue was sorted out last year, with no problems, but it took a few visits and some aggravation to get it fixed. YMMV ...

12. stu9891

stu9891 Rookie

Mar 13, 2013
    Surrey
    Full Name:
    Stuart Morgan
    Thanks for this. It's really helpful and throws up some valid points! 👍🏻👍🏻