touch up paint advice | FerrariChat

touch up paint advice

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by SKIndy, Jul 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SKIndy

SKIndy Rookie

Apr 8, 2017
    #1 SKIndy, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So I finally received my 2013 black and tan Cali. I took it to Continental in Chicago for it's annual service, minor roof brushing adjustment/repair, and certification for the 'new power' warranty suggested here. There was a scratch on the driver rear quarter I had asked them to touch up or get the body shop they use to touch up, but they spaced it and the trim piece they replaced didn't stay in place even for the trip down to Indianapolis. The service manager kindly followed up and has offered to truck it back and redeliver at their expense the next time their truck is in Indianapolis for another delivery. Unfortunately in the interval I nudged it against a high curb and have caused some paint scuffing to the driver rear under panel. (see attached images) It is not visible unless you crawl under the car, but it bugs me because the car is otherwise pretty much tip top. My question to the forum is should I let Continental and their not Ferrari specific body shop coordinate all the work, or can someone recommend a body shop in Indy that if I have them do the work - it will a) look good, and b) not affect the resale value of the car down the road. Basically what I'm asking is what happens to resale from this sort of stuff - and where should I get it fixed - Indy or Chicago?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. agustinush777

agustinush777 Rookie

Aug 29, 2014
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    AG
    No need to go to a bodyshop. A good detailer will make it smooth and shiny again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    That looks cut through the paint. You need a good body shop.