Delivery delays | FerrariChat

Delivery delays

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by PeanutSlab, Jul 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeanutSlab

PeanutSlab Rookie

Mar 27, 2017
    UK
    Is anyone else experiencing them?

We ordered a Cali T to be told delivery beginning of June. Our dealer who is London based keeps telling us the car will be here, but it keeps getting pushed and zero sign of it through My Ferrari. Factory will be on holiday very soon so I'm sure it'll now be in September if at all!

I'm beginning to get a little bit angry about the whole thing, more being lied to continually by the supplying dealer. I've honestly never had a worse experience ordering any car, I've had better experiences ordering a VW or a BMW all of which can tell me what's going on with my order, but Ferrari simply cannot? Firstly the dealer promised factory collection then withdrew that, promised June delivery, then July, then said absolutely will be delivered before end of July and now... I made a complaint to customer services and of course it just went back to the dealer with no official response from Ferrari themselves.

I'm normally a pretty chilled kind of guy but when people make promises and don't deliver, repeatedly, well it gets my back up. I'd be more chilled about it if it was my car, but it's for my Wife and she wants me to cancel the order.

2. Az458

Az458 Karting

Apr 24, 2015

As far as I know the ferrari MODIS (dealer tracker for orders) is being updated after many years and Is NOT saying the correct info. Just hold tight the car is worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Maybe on the bright side, you may want to put things on hold, the replacement for the Cali T is not too far off...

4. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Unfortunately, everything was pushed back to make sure all the 70th anniversary cars with their unique liveries got built and delivered to their respective dealers before the factory shutdown in August and before the 70th anniversary birthday bash in Maranello. My special T is already on the boat and should be in NJ by the end of next week and at my dealer before mid August.

5. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Unlike BMWs and other brands Ferrari has it's own time table and schedule. Sometimes even dealers get the back end of it and not sure where the car is on the production line. This is actually pretty normal with Ferraris. Just have to be patient.

Hang in there and eventually your car model will get updated under myferrari.com.

Good luck

6. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Yes. All the time.

It's par for the course and to be expected. Ever tour the BMW or VW factories? I have. They are modern marvels of robotic efficiency. Kuka robotic arms flying about welding, installing, and moving this and that. Their massive infrastructures produce thousands of cars compared to the few Ferrari manufacturer.

Go to Ferrari and look about. Everything is slowed down and done mostly by hand. Want something different? Try a Tailor Made Ferrari! There you will have two or three people there to help you. Tailor Made is a fantastic dream come true, but those same few are also the same who are handling ALL 350 70th anniversary cars due out this year. Sound like they are overworked? Atelier is (or was) down to just ONE person after Anna left.

Then there is Modis. A new system meant more delays. Now I placed my order for my Tdf August 5th 2016 so yes, I too am waiting (with a big smile).

BTW no one is lying. They just don't know. Or what they are told is simply changed on them.

7. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    what a great post.

i own a company that makes high end hand made collectible statuetes and people today cant seem to understand it takes time and is not like casting a bazillion widgets from an injection mold.

They want hand made but they want the efficency of a cheap mass produced product