CALI T SPEED PROBLEM | FerrariChat

CALI T SPEED PROBLEM

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by doccharlie954, Aug 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. doccharlie954

doccharlie954 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2010
    Just took the car out for a cruise. Got on it in auto mode. Speed limit sensor was in off position. 0-100 Was fine, but once it got to 100mph car stopped accelerating. Took foot off of gas hit again and it took off. Tried the same thing again and at 100 car stopped and would not go any faster. Never had this in any of my other Ferraris. Any body have this happen to them? Did not try it in manual mode. It really should not make difference. This is just strange.

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Yikes. Scary. I'd try to replicate in manual mode, and then take it to dealer. Scratch that, take it to dealer, and maybe bring a tech along for the ride?
    T

3. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    Strange is correct. As suggested, try the manual mode and let us know.

4. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Take it back to dealer for an inspection

5. doccharlie954

doccharlie954 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2010
    Went to dealer, put it on computer, they found nothing wrong. . Advised it was probably a computer malfunction when I down shifted in auto mode to second gear. They said computer could not figure the correct gear fast enough. ??????

6. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

I thought you were in auto mode, so did you inadvertently/proposal flip a paddle? I would imagine in auto mode at that speed you'd be in 7th.
    T