Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - International > Canada

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2013, 09:26 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Fab
As a very involved person and member in several car clubs as well as the guy who runs the Montreal Fiat Club's day-to-day, I will give an opinion here:

-I agree that some or most FCA events should be "all or nothing" In other words, you invite no one or invite everyone.

-This was not an FCA event, it was an FMOQ event. If FMOQ mandated Bernie to invite FCA members, he may have used his judgement to invite the more active ones. Perhaps this opened a can of worms and he shouldn't have but his actions as president are always done in good faith. I don't think he went out of his way to exclude people but his instincts led him to perhaps contact the people who seem interested in attending and participating at FCA events in general.

-I sometimes get some cool stuff from our Club Fiat Montreal sponsors and/or exclusive invites where places are limited and let me tell you: I do not invite the people that are not active and are not interested (even if they pay a membership). I always favor the committee members and the more active guys because they deserve it more, it's that simple. Even in the Luigi Ferrari club, there are a lot more names on paper than guys you actually see at gatherings and events. After a while, you start to forget them.

As an event organizer, it starts to get really discouraging when people don't come and always have an excuse that they're always busy. Sometimes you have to make time...Perhaps one cannot come to 10 or 12 events per year but if they show up at least 3-4 times, it would make life easier and at least they're part of the circle.

Every club has 2 or 3 levels of participants. It's not in the rules, it just occurs naturally. There's the guys who are almost always there, the ones you sometimes or rarely see and the ones you never ever see. I notice this in ALL clubs.

As a whole, I think Bernie does a great job and he's passionate about this club and operates as a volunteer without a budget so, yes, things may need to be made clear and both sides have a valid point but don't be too hard on the guy.....
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 03-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Lino
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedee3d View Post
As a very involved person and member in several car clubs as well as the guy who runs the Montreal Fiat Club's day-to-day, I will give an opinion here:

-I agree that some or most FCA events should be "all or nothing" In other words, you invite no one or invite everyone.

-This was not an FCA event, it was an FMOQ event. If FMOQ mandated Bernie to invite FCA members, he may have used his judgement to invite the more active ones. Perhaps this opened a can of worms and he shouldn't have but his actions as president are always done in good faith. I don't think he went out of his way to exclude people but his instincts led him to perhaps contact the people who seem interested in attending and participating at FCA events in general.

-I sometimes get some cool stuff from our Club Fiat Montreal sponsors and/or exclusive invites where places are limited and let me tell you: I do not invite the people that are not active and are not interested (even if they pay a membership). I always favor the committee members and the more active guys because they deserve it more, it's that simple. Even in the Luigi Ferrari club, there are a lot more names on paper than guys you actually see at gatherings and events. After a while, you start to forget them.

As an event organizer, it starts to get really discouraging when people don't come and always have an excuse that they're always busy. Sometimes you have to make time...Perhaps one cannot come to 10 or 12 events per year but if they show up at least 3-4 times, it would make life easier and at least they're part of the circle.

Every club has 2 or 3 levels of participants. It's not in the rules, it just occurs naturally. There's the guys who are almost always there, the ones you sometimes or rarely see and the ones you never ever see. I notice this in ALL clubs.

As a whole, I think Bernie does a great job and he's passionate about this club and operates as a volunteer without a budget so, yes, things may need to be made clear and both sides have a valid point but don't be too hard on the guy.....
Well said... However, there were no can of worms opened. The dealer asked the club to invite its regulars and they had their client list as well. If you want to get noticed you are going to have make an effort to be noticed. Enough said...
Old 03-02-2013, 11:14 AM
F1 World Champ

Full Name: Bernie
My Garage
A few pics from that evening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1654.jpg (48.8 KB, 266 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1655.jpg (60.2 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1663.jpg (59.8 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1675.jpg (48.2 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1676.jpg (70.8 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1672.jpg (40.8 KB, 266 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1674.jpg (55.8 KB, 266 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1677.jpg (49.2 KB, 266 views)
Old 03-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Nick
Hi Lino S,

I have too much respect for you.
I will agree on, (enough said) and agree to disagree on the rest. We will be able to cover this topic another time.

Bernie, thanks for the clarification and the invite.

Regards,
Nick
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 03-02-2013, 12:34 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Jean
The F12 is really nice in my opinion, I can't wait to see one on our roads. Anyone here is getting one?
Old 03-02-2013, 12:50 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1racer View Post
The F12 is really nice in my opinion, I can't wait to see one on our roads. Anyone here is getting one?
The sound of it was actually pretty awesome as well, unlike any other car I've ever heard. Also pretty loud for a street legal production vehicle.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:32 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Jean
Quote:
The sound of it was actually pretty awesome as well, unlike any other car I've ever heard. Also pretty loud for a street legal production vehicle.
One of the best I'v heard is the 599 GTO at the F1 party at FoQ. The owner nailed the gas full throttle on Jean-Talon. It was blisteringly fast acceleration and the sound was heaven on earth.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:15 AM
F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Martin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardo66 View Post
A few pics from that evening.
Nice showroom! Is the car Blue Pozzi?

Gr. Martin
Old 03-04-2013, 06:26 AM
F1 World Champ

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1racer View Post
One of the best I'v heard is the 599 GTO ...the sound was heaven on earth.
Agreed. It does sound amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omd78 View Post
Nice showroom! Is the car Blue Pozzi?

Gr. Martin
No it's black.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:01 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Claude Laforest
Quote:
I'd like to add to that, if I brought Fabrizio along as my guest, it was in the spirit of nurturing the rapport/friendship that I have formed with him recently.

For those who don't know, I've been working for a few years at trying to bring the "other" F-car club onto the same page as the FCA. Fabrizio is part of that fabric and is also working towards the same goal.
Bernie and Fab, that is a great news. I never understood the two separate clubs in Montreal. I attended one reunion last summer and it was great. If only I was closer.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:10 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by godabitibi View Post
Bernie and Fab, that is a great news. I never understood the two separate clubs in Montreal. I attended one reunion last summer and it was great. If only I was closer.
It's still far from being done but we're working on it and hopefully we'll make it happen sooner than later.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:41 PM
F1 World Champ

My Garage
Quote:
It's still far from being done but we're working on it and hopefully we'll make it happen sooner than later.
The word for this year is : coexistence.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:50 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
The word for this year is : coexistence.
Definetly a good way to start.....another good word is slowly
Old 03-05-2013, 08:37 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Claude Laforest
I'm sure it will happen. You guys all love the same thing. Ferrari
Old 03-06-2013, 08:16 AM
F1 World Champ

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by godabitibi View Post
I'm sure it will happen. You guys all love the same thing. Ferrari
When you break it down to the grass roots level, it's all possible.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Lino
Yes it would be a good idea.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:16 PM
F1 World Champ

My Garage
So?! Did anyone take out their Cavallino's today?!
Old 03-09-2013, 03:37 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
So?! Did anyone take out their Cavallino's today?!
I went driving around for more than an hour yesterday afternoon so the car is officialy out of winter storage.

Was amazing!!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 11:09 PM
F1 World Champ

My Garage
Quote:
I went driving around for more than an hour yesterday afternoon so the car is officialy out of winter storage.

Was amazing!!!!
And you didn't drop by.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:32 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
And you didn't drop by.
It was during the day, figured you were at work....I did zoom by on Belherbe and Albanel a few times during my run....
Non-Sponsor Ads