Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - International > Canada

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2004, 05:28 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Full Name: tony
The Québec Thread!

Why hasn't anyone started a montreal spotter thread? I am sure we can spot a few cars, maybe not as many as Toronto.

Last edited by 512tr; 04-17-2004 at 05:28 PM. Reason: spelling error
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-17-2004, 05:45 PM
F1 World Champ

Full Name: Bernie
My Garage
Thumbs up it's about time!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 512tr
Why hasn't anyone started a montreal spotter thread? I am sure we can spot a few cars, maybe not as many as Toronto.
Because we were all waiting for you!!!LOL

I took mine out just yesterday for the first time this year. But if anyone wants to spot one....I'll be having breakfast at Moe's (on St. Martin blvd) tomorrow morning. Maybe we haven't seen that many, given the dismal state of our roads and the really long hard winter that we've had. BTW, if you want to spot some more F-Cars, next GP on Sunday morning at Cafe Vanessa (in St. Leonard, on Robert between Lacordaire and Langelier).

Fai il bravo!!!!
Old 04-17-2004, 05:53 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardo66
Because we were all waiting for you!!!LOL

I took mine out just yesterday for the first time this year. But if anyone wants to spot one....I'll be having breakfast at Moe's (on St. Martin blvd) tomorrow morning. Maybe we haven't seen that many, given the dismal state of our roads and the really long hard winter that we've had. BTW, if you want to spot some more F-Cars, next GP on Sunday morning at Cafe Vanessa (in St. Leonard, on Robert between Lacordaire and Langelier).

Fai il bravo!!!!

Is that the old Cafe Gervasi??
Old 04-17-2004, 05:56 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

and please take some pics~
Old 04-17-2004, 06:03 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman167
and please take some pics~

We'll try, keep in mind that we take out our cars from storage later than in T.O. and there alot less exotics to be spotted over here. Seems like most owners hide their cars. JMO.
Old 04-17-2004, 09:33 PM
F1 World Champ

My Garage
Quote:
We'll try, keep in mind that we take out our cars from storage later than in T.O. and there alot less exotics to be spotted over here. Seems like most owners hide their cars. JMO.
You're soooooo right. The cars are there, but the owners are somewhat reluctant to take them out.

Cafe Gervasi? I don't know. I've been a regular at this place since 94 and I've always know it as Vanessa. Let me make a few calls and I'll find out.
BTW, Cafe Vanessa has a really mean pre-Canadian Grand Prix party. Usually there are about 20 to 30 cars; and I've attended for the last 4 years.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:19 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Jean
Friday afternoon , I saw a black Testarossa on Henri Bourassa West in St-Laurent not too far from Luigi Sports Cars ltd.(Ferrari club of Quebec)
Old 04-18-2004, 03:06 AM
F1 World Champ
Lifetime Rossa

Full Name: Vasco
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by John T
Friday afternoon , I saw a black Testarossa on Henri Bourassa West in St-Laurent not too far from Luigi Sports Cars ltd.(Ferrari club of Quebec)

I LOVE MONTREAL....good thing you guys started this thread. I wanna see pics!!! Too bad you guys are saying that the Montreallers take the cars out late. Thats iz not Good, no......TABERNACK!!!

How about this, start a thread on babes. That Montreal thread would be endlessssss *sigh* I really miss your town. Its been a while!

Hopefully I will visit again soon.

P.S

I spotted a 250GTO in Downtown Montreal years ago! LOL. I know that doesnt count but does anyone know anything about this car?!?!?

I am sure it is a replica based on another F-car.......but it looked sooo nice. I actually have pictures but I need to scan them.

Also spotted a Early 90's Black on Black Diablo (with the guy Revving the crap out of it in traffic) and a 95 silver/Red 355 Spyder on Ste.Catherine during the Grand Prix.......but sorry guys, the 355 was a Toronto car. Another Yorkville cruiser. (I'll post pics of those too once I scan them)

Vasco.R

Toronto
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-18-2004, 09:39 AM
F1 World Champ

My Garage
Talking Je me souviens

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicferrari
TABERNACK!!!
I believe that this is the first time I've seen this word used on this site...and only a handful of us know the real significance behind it. LOL

Cheers...mon ostie!!!
Old 04-18-2004, 12:12 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Jean
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicferrari
How about this, start a thread on babes. That Montreal thread would be endlessssss *sigh* I really miss your town. Its been a while!
Vasco,
Babes in Montreal ..
There's too many and thats why I'm living here.
Seriously there's many beautiful babes here in Montreal...
Okay yesterday I went to see a hockey game ( Game 6 of the series between Boston vs Montreal--habs won btw!!) and I can't count how many chicks I saw the whole night. Unbelievable.
Old 04-18-2004, 01:20 PM
F1 World Champ
Lifetime Rossa

Full Name: Vasco
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by John T
Vasco,
Babes in Montreal ..
There's too many and thats why I'm living here.
Seriously there's many beautiful babes here in Montreal...
Okay yesterday I went to see a hockey game ( Game 6 of the series between Boston vs Montreal--habs won btw!!) and I can't count how many chicks I saw the whole night. Unbelievable.
OH I KNOW, and thats part of the reason why I love your city. And the attitude is better. Alot more European flair that I am used to. Congratulations on the win. It would be nice to see a classic Montreal - Leafs final!

HEY Bernardo, I hope I didnt say anything bad. What is the real meaning heheheh I am starting to think that I don't really know now. LOL

Take care mon-ami

Vasco.R
Old 04-18-2004, 02:04 PM
F1 World Champ

My Garage
Quote:
Is that the old Cafe Gervasi??
Yes.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:02 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

i found these pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fbd7dd3c.jpg (52.2 KB, 2849 views)
File Type: jpg fbd7dd6f.jpg (50.0 KB, 2835 views)
File Type: jpg fbd7e744.jpg (50.9 KB, 2810 views)
Old 04-22-2004, 08:46 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

My first spotter

Guess what? I spotted a grigio 355 spider on highway 13 northbound/640. And on my way back on 13 south, a brand new mercedes c32 AMG. Never seen one that close up, what a BEAUTIFUL CAR.

Sorry no pics.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:07 PM
F1 Rookie
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Julien
Quote:
Guess what? I spotted a grigio 355 spider on highway 13 northbound/640. And on my way back on 13 south, a brand new mercedes c32 AMG. Never seen one that close up, what a BEAUTIFUL CAR.

Sorry no pics.
crap? a C32 counts for a spotter thread? Daaamn, I should bring my camera more often! The other day, I saw an SL600 with SLR rims, SL55, G500 and a blue 360 spider.
All this in the Blainville area ...
Old 04-24-2004, 08:40 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0RR0
crap? a C32 counts for a spotter thread? Daaamn, I should bring my camera more often! The other day, I saw an SL600 with SLR rims, SL55, G500 and a blue 360 spider.
All this in the Blainville area ...

The players from the Montreal Canadiens must have had a meeting around there. That is the official neighbourhood for the players.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-25-2004, 05:17 PM
F1 Rookie
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Julien
Quote:
The players from the Montreal Canadiens must have had a meeting around there. That is the official neighbourhood for the players.
Not that many of them, actually, but there are a couple. Actually, a lot of the people in that area are ... contractors! lolAnd yes, the Fontainebleau/Lorraine area is quite incredible. I find it quite amusing that people get such fine houses with so little space. If I were to dump 500g+, I sure would want to see more than the neighbour's backyard ... lol
Anyways, as soon as it gets a bit warmer, I'll be sure to snap a couple pics. I guess that's the best place off the Island.
Old 04-25-2004, 05:45 PM
F1 World Champ

My Garage
On my way to St. Alexis de Montcalm this morning, I got a quick glimpse of a silver 360 Modena Spider going south on HWY 25 (near Pie IX). I imagine that we would see more of these cars...if the weather would co-operate!!!!!
Old 05-04-2004, 06:31 PM
F1 World Champ

My Garage
Bump...sort of.

Hey Hey!!!! Me again. Saw a yellow 360 Spider on my way out from work on Jean-Talon street east. What surprised me was how quiet it is.

Last edited by bernardo66; 05-04-2004 at 06:32 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 05-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Where are all the exotics???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardo66
Hey Hey!!!! Me again. Saw a yellow 360 Spider on my way out from work on Jean-Talon street east. What surprised me was how quiet it is.
Cruising all day today with my daughter in the TR, Little Italy, Downtown, St. Leonard. NOTHING except for a Corvette. Like I have said many times, The guys in Montreal do not drive their F-Cars.

Oh well, maybe I'll spot something tonite. Gonna take the wife for a granita, but with the temperature, looks like we'll have settle for an espresso with sambuca of course.

Come guys take out your cars...