Need Help (Challenge Stradale related) | FerrariChat

Need Help (Challenge Stradale related)

Discussion in 'Canada' started by akitas33, Aug 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. akitas33

akitas33 Rookie

Aug 7, 2009
  2. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Your best bet is to contact "CLASSICFERRARI" aka Vasco.....he is a member on this site and he will see this post sooner or later.

He has a good connection with World Fine Cars, and probably knows this car very well.

3. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Akitas, I sent you a message. I'm heavily jet lagged so don't mind the grammer :);)

Truth is it doesnt get better even when im not jet lagged :D

4. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Welcome back to Canada dude!

5. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    209,000 is a lot of money for a CS

6. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    Was gonna say.

$1 USD = $0.91091 CAD so you're looking at almost $192,000 USD for this car (which doesn't even have a stripe!?).

I'd be looking south of the border if I were you.

7. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I thought I priced it right when it came in LOL. Anyway. Keep in mind that its a clean CDN spec car ;) I'll let Rick come in and maybe help defend me :D

Anyway, im on 27+ hrs with no sleep. Im off to bed! Ciao my friends...

8. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    There are other costs associated with importing a car than just the exchange rate. Then you have to find a comparable car that is a one-owner, accident free example with around 5,000 miles... that's much harder than it sounds when you read the CS threads on FChat.

Additionally, rarer cars like the CS are more sensitive to pedigree when it comes time for resale than a run-of-the-mill 360 Modena or something. There are still many Ferrari buyers (more so than other marques) that refuse to buy US cars, but I've yet to know of anyone that won't buy a Canadian car.

Some won't care about these things and will look to the US market to save some money. Some do care about these things and will pay a premium to get a Canadian car.

9. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

209 has to be compared with what comes with the car. If all the cookies are with the car, and documented with service and is pristine, i think you need to wait for the right buyer.

Yes you can buy a US CS and save a few bucks, but again, you need to compare apples with apples. As i mentioned many times, i have yet to see a US ferrari compare in quality to a CDN ferrari all things being equal. I seen recently a 88 US tr with 25,000 miles (40,000kms) and it looked so far gone that my 60,000 km TR looked new in comparison...i have no idea how these cars grenade so fast ?

Again, you need to have a few cars to compere with, if you never seen a $150,000 CS before how will you know this one is worth 209 ? But this is fchat....a few pictures from 10 feet away and everyone is an expert price setter.

good luck with the sale vman...!

10. acon

acon Karting

Nov 3, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    Anthony Cacciola
    I believe this car was for sale at auto bugatti in Montreal for over a year, I believe it has hyperflow cats, original cats are not available, I believe it has not had a major service yet and has had a bumper re-sprayed. I looked at this car and in my opinion a limited production car should come with all original parts and service should be impectable. I believe it only had a few oil changes. At $209k it should be absolutely perfect. I wouldn't pay more than $160 for this car. Just my 2 cents

11. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Who knows....You could be right about the history. I just got back from holidays and havent really looked into the history as yet. As some know, I don't work directly for World Fine Cars but I used to for years. However, It is where I run my small car brokerage biz from (I'm a registered dealer). But I can say that the owner of WFC is a good friend and someone who I hold in high regard aside from being an associate. Many hi-end dealers have a hard time being around as long as him (70's), dealing with these types of cars and doing a great job at it.

I have looked and been in the car. It's very clean and well kept nonetheless. I can assure you it's not a $160K car and can assure no one's buying it anywhere near $160K :) There is always PPI's too.

Oh and Rick, not sure who you are talking about but I don't base prices on a couple of pics nor do I even consider myself anywhere near an expert. ;)

P.S: My disclaimer. Before I get anyone's panties in a knot, I am not trying to solicite this car or me.

12. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I wasnt talking about you amigo ... was a general comment

13. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    If the car has hyperflow cats ($4K Cdn installed), that's positive in my view. The Stradale is all about weight savings of 200lbs vs. the modena, and the hyperflows weigh 20lbs vs. 40 for the OEM cats. That's another 10% weight reduction. In addition, the one and only one dyno test on aftermarket cats for a Stradale was done on 'hyperflow cats' showing a 30HP and 30ft/lb. torque gain which comes on strong, not at lower rpms when accelerating but at higher rpms and higher speed. The hyperflows do increase the sound output that makes your hair stand on end moreso than the famous, stock Stradale wail, but many owners love it.

Regarding a repainted front bumper, that means nothing to me except restoration of rock chip holes to perfection. Regarding the strip, a new owner might just prefer that; an aftermarket stripe can be installed for $400, is virtually indistinguishable from the OEM strip, and can be taken off if one's kid racer inclinations wane.

Regarding price, don't forget the search time costs, transport costs, duty charges, and conformance costs to bring a US model into Canada. $209 may be on the high side, but I don't think $200K is. Good luck.

14. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    Here's an example of a pristine U.S example for sale. I have seen this car in person and it is absolutely perfect in every way.
    http://www.naplesmotorsports.com/inventory.htm
    Look for the 2004 Stradale, no stripe.
    $159K asking price..... so figure in this economy you could get it for $150K even. You should offer around $165 - $170 (CDN dollars) max for the CDN one. You could figure the red is more desireable then the silver, so maybe you will have to settle at the low $170's.
    So yes, IMHO, I would say the asking price is a bit too high..... but hey, thats why its just called the asking price!

15. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd

Yep, I was going to say 170,000cdn max, 360 modenas in canada are around the 100k or lower mark now.

16. acon

acon Karting

Nov 3, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    Anthony Cacciola
    Also, this car sat at Auto Bugatti for over 1 year with an asking price of $190,000. If no
    one pulled the trigger at $190,000 then why pull the trigger at $209,000. I also agree that hypercats are a positive thing for this car. If i had a CS I would fit hyperflow cats. But one thing I would do is keep the original cats. This is a limited edition car, in 15 years when it is collected all the original parts are required to make it a true original collectable. I have a 03 360 spider with tubi exhaust, but I have the orginal muffler in a box, if I sell the car the original parts should be part of the deal. This car needs a major service and needs the original cats at least on hand. Car is worth $165,000 plus 10K needed to get it back to original prestine collectable condition, with all original parts. I looked at this car and passed at $190,000. my $0.02

17. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    +1

Good idea to keep everything tight and original, makes selling alot easier

IMHO The 360 CS is stuck in a "time warp" right now.....its approaching 7 years old, with dated looks and dated engine/transmission. You can get a decent 430 with alot of goodies for the same price, and the performance and feel is just as equal as the CS. (Although the CS is a limited edition, and is a street racer, makes it much more desireable). And now with the Scud coming out, along with the new 458, it looks like the cost of a 360, and 360 CS will be heading lower and lower next year.

18. picus

picus Karting

Jun 8, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Kevin H
    #18 picus, Aug 16, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
    Sounds like the same car. I went to see it with the OP. Rear bumper is resprayed and there is a blow in on the front drivers fender. I should have just asked you to begin with. :)

Edit to add, bumper respray is no big deal, but this is rear bumper not front and the job isn't great. To get the car "mint" it'd need to be redone.

19. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Hey, at least we've bumped you $5G's :);)

20. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    #20 JamesSimpson, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
    1800km's red/black w/stripe stradale original cdn car available...oh yeah full tubi as well. $200,000....owned by a F-chat member who prefers not to post often.

21. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    #21 JamesSimpson, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
    oh so thats who bought that car! I was looking into it for a member on here and happened to meet the actual owner of the car so I wasn't dealing with Auto-Bugatti, we were days away from making an offer before someone told us the car had been sitting for OVER a year with nothing being done to it! I spoke to the owner and he told me he was trading it in for an Aston and turned down a wholesale offer of $160,000 which is STRONG money considering it needed belt's etc done to it.
    I'm sure whoever bought it as had it serviced and looked at by now though and if it is the same car at world I know for a fact the owner doesn't sell ****e cars although he could use some better looking sales people;)

EDIT-----DUH! just realized who you are! ;) well then we know the car very very well then don't we?

22. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    You are too nice...

23. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    That Stradale sounds like a serious deal. Now who has a whole collection of red/black cars...? Andy would want more than that and in US dollars.
    CH

24. Sparro

Sparro Karting

Dec 29, 2005
    I see my links dont work. Sorry.

The first is the red CS in toronto at World Fine Cars.

The second is the black CS in Montreal at LA Leasing.