Italian Car Day | FerrariChat

Italian Car Day

Discussion in 'Canada' started by CANDREAM, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    Dear Italian Car Day Participants, Sponsors and Volunteers;
    Ciao … and YES the Italian Car Day (ICD) 2012 event is in the planning stages.
    As for where ? ……..well, where else would you host the largest Italian car event in Canada and see, hear, smell and taste the Italian culture……..WOODBRIDGE where else !!!
    Our mission is to provide a relaxed artful environment for Italian car enthusiasts to exhibit their Belle Macchine.
    Based on the overwhelming positive feedback from last year ……..the event focus will continue to be on the participants and their cars, any Italian make or model in any shape, old or new and most important .......a friendly relaxed “fun” casual atmosphere.
    Italian Car Day Inc. is a Not-for-Profit organization. Last year, thanks to you, we raised $ 20,000 for Safehaven Project for Community Living. For 2012, it is our privilege to continue working with Safehaven in support of the Local Community.
    If you are interested in sharing your passion on event day or throughout the whole year with other Italian Car nuts…pm me for more information.
    Stay posted to the Italian Car Day 2012 thread for further updates. Last year’s participants will receive updates on their already provided e-mail.

CANDREAM

2. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    #2 CANDREAM, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. GhostByte

GhostByte Karting

Jun 12, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Daniel T
    Great event I am in :)

4. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Hi Sadi and everyone. I have posted my thoughts in the old italian car day thread. I hope you all respect it. I have deleted all posts from this thread that were not needed and want to start fresh.

Thanks for starting this seperate thread and I will leave it up to you to run it and keep it clean. Thanks again and best of luck with the event!

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=141165845&postcount=673

5. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    Fully agree...and respect your decision.

6. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Thank you Sir :)

7. red3555gtb

red3555gtb Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 15, 2006
    Woodbridge/Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    Fave, you mean you are Italian and you don't live in Woodbrige, no way!

8. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Sorry Rocco I don't .

Should I hand in my Kiss Me I'm Italian T-shirt at the next meeting ?

9. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    #9 Fave, Jan 29, 2012
  10. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Guys, there can be no spamming of this event in other threads please. I have got complains and meesages sent to me from many users all morning and day Sunday!!! :(

Advertising in the Emissions thread and FCA threads!?!?!?! Really?!?!?!

PLEASE STICK TO THIS THREAD AND THIS THREAD ONLY!

11. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    ....also, I have deleted Nicks post as per his request. That was supposed to be a PM but so much for that. I have deleted all posts related to that.

12. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    Hello Italian Car Day participants, Sponsors and Vendors.......

Mark your calendars, our event will take place on Saturday 21 July in Boyd Park, Woodbridge....

Please visit our web site at www.italiancarday.com .....Please note the "dot com" as it has changed form last year.

Stay posted to our web site for event information ......and this thread.

Do not forget to visit the 2011 event tab on our web site for some fantastic pictures and tubes !!!!!

Stay posted......

Ciao

13. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    Bump...see our web site for more 2011 pics.

if you have any pics of last year.....we would be glad to add them....... e-mail them to [email protected]

Sadi
    CANDREAM

14. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    #14 ferrarilover, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
    Was not happy with that venue, the Italian Car Day 2011 was booked and paid for and the park security hassled a bunch of show volunteers and participants in the morning refusing to let us in, so had to wait for awhile outside the gates, the road was rough, and man those washrooms and portapotties were nasty!!!

Chris

15. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    Hey Chris,

Thank you for the constructive feedback.

We have made many changes and those are some of the changes for this year.

Sorry for the bumpy road.... Which vehicle were you driving as most had no problem plus we had volunteers at most bumps!

Sadi

16. DenisC

DenisC Formula 3

Oct 11, 2009
    Look at the one of the video you can see the pothole near the lower part of the hill, there was another almost at the top on the lane going up. I slowed down for the lower one but ws going a little faster ( I swear only a little ;) faster ) ... but that is par for the course. It wont keep me away.

17. Nick Puopolo

Nick Puopolo Canada

Oct 5, 2010
    One again Cittadini Restorante will be providing all the flavors on Italy at this yeas Italian Car day event on Saturday July 21, 2012

Robert and his staff did a wonderful job last year and from looking at this year menu, it will be even better !!!

For information on Cittadini , please visit www.cittadini.ca

Nick

18. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Exactly, I am sure that these things can be corrected. It was the first time for these folks doing a show and I am almost certain this was the first for this park to ever host such an event. These parks were designed decades ago and I can guarantee you that the guy who designed the roads didnt have the proper clearance of a 355 oil pan on his to do list :D

Anyway, like anything else. Things get better with time. And all we can do is give our input like Chris did so things get corrected for next year. ;)

Cheers

19. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    Absolutely.....we are discussing the pot holes and bathrooms and I beleive the park has good intentions......and we have some good solutions.

You are correct, this was the Park's first such event....and they were overwhelmed with the amount of vehicles and people.

Denis...only a little faster :)...we will aim at putting other challenges ...how about that ?

I know with my 355 i had to drive 5.5 km/hr over some spots....yes that slow...but I did not bottom !

Seriously all, please send me your feedback to [email protected] or simly post on this thread any suggestions to improve our event. It is this kind of participation that will make this event dynamic while catering to everyone's interests. We will do our best to implement your suggestions.

Also, if you would like to be more involved.....send me a note.....we are a fun casual gang.

It is onething driving these cars....it is another when you embrace the culture that designed them.

CANDREAM

20. red3555gtb

red3555gtb Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 15, 2006
    Woodbridge/Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    Seriously all, please send me your feedback to [email protected] or simly post on this thread any suggestions to improve our event. It is this kind of participation that will make this event dynamic while catering to everyone's interests. We will do our best to implement your suggestions.

CANDREAM[/QUOTE]

How about Miss Ferrari bikini show !

21. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    See, now this is a novel idea.

I'm willing to drive in some potholes, and gravel for that....we have our priorities all backwards on whats important.

I can get a great veal sandwich and brio at home already.

22. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    Now why didn't I see this one coming ?

Rocco we encourage all ideas .........are you volunteering too.... to recruit participants for this segment of the event ?

How about being the "estimed" judge ....since judging seems to be the buzzzzzz word these days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know :)

23. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    #23 CANDREAM, Feb 9, 2012
  24. jfam

jfam Karting

Jan 6, 2012
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    John Ford
    #24 jfam, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
    "esteemed" judge....since judging seems to be the buzzzzzz word these days!!!!!!!

That sounds like a low blow directed at someone.

25. f1lupo

f1lupo Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Johnny S
    ah c'mon Chris, that's alot of negatives there :) sure there were some hiccups in the morning but hey it was the first time any show like this ever took place so i guess some small 'bumps' in the road are expected.
    I agree there were some rough parts of the road, but coming from a guy that parked a good chunk of cars at last years show, 99% of guys babied their cars to their parking spots with no problems at all. (maybe you can volunteer this year and help make sure that ratio will be 100% this year ?)

Yes washrooms were a big problem last year and the complaints were duly noted but fun was had by all and much needed money was raised for Safehaven so a little debris overflowing from garbage cans I'm sure can be overlooked :)

Forget the politics guys and let's remember the main reason we all brought our cars and families to the first ever show of it's kind last year was to raise money for a deserving charity while enjoying the friendship and culture of the Italian cars we enjoy as our hobby.