458 Spider Arrived | FerrariChat

458 Spider Arrived

Discussion in 'Canada' started by GRZEPAPA, Aug 5, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    Hi all, the great guys at Ferrari of Ontario had my 458 Spider flown in from Italy. I picked it up last Saturday afternoon. WOW what a car. No, that is an understatement. It is a rolling mechanical work of sophisticated engineering and art. The Mona Lisa on steroids squared!!!! Much more than I expected!!!
    Most of you know me through the white blue stripe Ford GT that I bring on the runs. Unfortunately for her she has been sleeping for the past few weeks as I was in Europe (went to the Ferrari factory!!!) and upon my return I have been driving the 458.
    No longer "soon2be", the wait is over.
    See you on the run next week and at the show at Paletta Mansion on the 19th!!

2. ferrariartist

ferrariartist F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    East of Toronto
    Full Name:
    Grant Thomas
    Congrats! Can't wait to see it.
    What colours did you choose?

GT

3. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Congrats, that's quite the car!

How does it compare to the Ford ?

4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Congrats on the arrival of your 458 Spider! You beat the summer shutdown, it's a 2013 right? Remo does seem to be getting a good supply of cars these days.
    CH

5. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    #5 GRZEPAPA, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Awesome ! Congrats and enjoy in good health!

Ps...are you keeping the white gt40 ?

7. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    I love the way the hardtop roof works. When open it reminds me of the roof opening on a 246/308 etc.

Beautiful.

8. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    #8 GRZEPAPA, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    Big Red for sure keeping the Ford GT.

of2worlds it is a 2012. Order was finalized in March of this year.

Fave I will be doing a same day side by side comparison of the 2 in the next couple of weeks. Off the top there is a slight disadvantage to the GT as it 6 yeas older and has not had the tens of millions of dollars spent on R&D.

One thing for sure is the F1 transmission. I have determined that not one person on this earth can manually shift as fast as this does. It is different and I do find myself occasionally looking for the stick shift!! HA

9. La_Rossa

La_Rossa Karting

May 11, 2012
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Congratulations on the achievement!
    It is certainly on my list in a couple of year...just need to build a little more value into the company before selling!...lol

10. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    I honestly would have a very hard time deciding which one I would take given the chance.
    The 458 is amazing but something about the GT always draws me in. Plus I'm not sold on paddle shifting, not that I've had the chance to try one, not a real F1 type anyway.

11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Very nice how you used the red for contrast on the Daytona seats and outside on the brake calipers to. Sport wheels and the gray painted sport sills really finish off a nice spec.
    I think the painted sport sills define the lower part of the 458 better than just body color which is how many of the Canadian 458's are ordered. Thanks for sharing pics here!
    CH

12. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Sounds great amigo!

God bless, it's a beauty, I love the 458 spider, looks so dinoish with the top down and the closed engine bay from the rear...just stunning...ferrari got this spider perfect. My favorite modern day car by far ! Lots of summer time left, enjoy every single minute of it !

See you soon on the road !

13. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Look forward to seeing this up close. Looks beautiful.

Congrats!

14. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Angelo love the teasers & can't wait to see it up close. I'm positive you have not stopped smiling yet!

Send a photo to Felice for the Md'E site.

15. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    Guys thank for the comments. Yes I do plan on putting many miles on her. She will not be a garage queen.
    Thx Mario I hope to come up Tues to your show if the weather is ok.
    Will send a pic to Felice as well.

16. liquidsilk

liquidsilk Formula Junior

May 27, 2008
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Zain
    That is one beautiful 458 Spider! Never thought a tan/red interior would work so well together. Enjoy her in good health. :)

17. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Ferrari of Ontario seems to be on-the-ball with everything. Judging by the comments here and their participation to italian car shows near Toronto, they really are making me wish they managed the Montreal dealership also.

As one of the organizers of Montreal`s Official Italian Car Festival, I can tell you that the local dealer not only didn´t participate in our event but didn´t even bother returning our calls or answering their emails.

Not only will I not ever service my car there but if I one day purchase a brand new F-car, they will not get my business.

18. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    treedee3d Remo has been looking after me since 2004 when I bought 4 BMWs. He is a true gentleman and hard working guy. Guiseppe his manager is a stand up guy as well.
    Who owns the dealership in Montreal. I heard it was Tommy Hilfiger. True??

19. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Yes it is owned by Laurence Stroll who is apparently Tommy Hilfiger´s partner. Last I heard things aren´t going well in terms of sales but I don´t think he is concerned at all, he´s got plenty of money.

20. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    Notice the red seat belts as well.

21. red3555gtb

red3555gtb Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 15, 2006
    Woodbridge/Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    Congrats on your new toy and it looks great in red...BTW also noticed a white 458 spider tooling around Woodbridge which also looks stunning,

22. red3555gtb

red3555gtb Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 15, 2006
    Woodbridge/Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    #22 red3555gtb, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    I don't know what FoQ sales are like, but after spending a few days in Montreal I saw plenty
    of new Ferrari's and Mas in little Italy, and if front of clubs.

23. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    Most Beautiful .........Perfection.

Hope you will make it for Italian Car Day 2013.....or Thursdays at the meets.

Congrats again.

24. Eccentric M

Eccentric M Karting

Sep 27, 2009
    CAN
    Congrats on the new ride!

25. Toronto308

Toronto308 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Esteban
    Congrats, Angelo! I've been waiting for this and am delighted to learn the happy day arrived. I can't wait to see the car in person. I'll drop you a line on Tuesday so we can head up to Bolton together if the weather is good.

PS I almost didn't recognize you in red. I've always seen you clad in blue and white. Looks good on you, bro! :p