Vehicle Direct in Toronto? | FerrariChat

Vehicle Direct in Toronto?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Shark01, Jan 9, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Hi,
    Guy from the states looking at a car at Vehicle Direct. Would like some feedback on any past experiences or their reputation. So far, they are kind of slow in responding to document requests for things they say they have or are readily available.

You would think they would be proactive to shift a convertible in January.....LOL

Also, who would you recommend for a PPI?

Thanks

2. Carbuilder

Carbuilder Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2012
    Bolton, ON
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Your experience sounds like mine. I went there about a year ago to look at the 348 special they were selling (I think it might still be there). The car looked good but was really packed in the back with a lot of other cars. I was told they had all the records for it, but the owner of the place had them at home. I gave him my contact info and he said he would send them. I never got them so I emailed a reminder and asked if he could move the car out where I could have a better look at it. Never heard from them again.

Oh, just remembered. They were advertising it as a 3 owner car. I did some research and found a previous owner that gave me a lot of history on the car. There were at least 5 owners that he could account for.

So my experience was bad.

As for a PPI, you can't go wrong with Daytona.

Rick

3. rhyno

rhyno Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    I ended up buying my Diablo through them but it was a consignment car and I ended up making the deal with the owner directly (paperwork went through them). It did take a long time to get the service records but I did eventually get them. The owner was out of the country when I first contacted him so thats part of the blame for slow service but in the end I was happy with the results. Good luck!

4. Saturn

Saturn Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2010
    Toronto land of salt
    Full Name:
    Saturn
    Mike is a great guy to work with. But I think he is away on vacation and you are working with the other guys...hence maybe the delay.

Yes definitely Daytona Auto for a PPI. Alex will tell you all that is wrong with the car.

5. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Thanks guys,

Yes, Mike is away so maybe the incentive to move the iron is diminished. But honestly, it seems to be par for the course for the exotics dalers I have interfaced with.

Rhyno,
    How are you enjoying your purple roadster? How would you contrast the 3 Ls you own?

6. rhyno

rhyno Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Shark,

The diablo roadster needed some work so she is in the shop over the winter getting lots of attention! I did get to put a few thousand KM on her before she went into the shop and she is a blast to drive. Having the roof off is such a great feeling. When you compare the Countach and the Diablo they are night and day different. The Countach is my "poster car" that I fell in love with, the problem with this car is that is very difficult to drive because everything takes a great deal of effort (shifting, clutch, steering are all very heavy). That does not mean that it is not rewarding to drive, it is extremely rewarding to drive but when your done you will be tired! I love looking at her in the garage, the lines are just so sexy. The Diablo feels so easy to drive after the Countach. Mine has power steering, a lite clutch and a smooth shifter. The only negative is the large blind spot on the passenger side. The Diablo is a drivers car compared to the Countach. When you compare the Diablo to the LP560 you have again a huge difference. The Diablo feels like your driving it and the LP560 feels like it's driving for you. The LP560 is so easy to drive that you lose some of that passion that the older Lambo's have, it really is a fast Audi. I would sell the LP560 no problem but will keep the Countach and Diablo for an extremely long time!

7. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Thanks Rhyno,
    I agree that the modern cars are pretty sanitized as far as feel goes. I'm equally torn between a '99 Diablo roadster or first gen Murcielago roadster with a manual.

I was never into a Countach.....the Diablo was the first Lamborghini that touched a nerve with me.

8. nismodrifter

nismodrifter Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    Poor experience here as well. Arranged a viewing for a car on a weekend, flew in and arrived at their showroom as arranged and long behold no one was there. Called, texted, and even had their Janitor who happened to be on site try to contact their employees and got no response. A few hours later I get a call saying "Oh sorry man, I totally forgot." What a joke.

They took weeks to send over incomplete records and in general were terrible to deal with. I would take your business elsewhere.

9. PbPedis

PbPedis Formula Junior

May 6, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Wow, that's just beyond brutal. They never responded to an email I sent them about their McLaren. That's nothing compared to your experience though.

10. Saturn

Saturn Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2010
    Toronto land of salt
    Full Name:
    Saturn
    I have no affiliation to them but I did get call backs and emails in good time.
    The other dealerships that I have had very good experience is Daytona Auto and Grand Touring automobiles.

11. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    Wow. I would've ripped the owner a new one with a massive verbal blast. That is utterly unacceptable.

12. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    Your going to hear good and bad experiences no matter where you go ...
    So, I would go through the process and get the info you need from them, then if your not happy, take your business elsewhere.

Also, dealers can buy from other dealers to "broker" the deal.

13. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Thanks for the comments guys......its been over a week since the guy said he would send some information they had on hand......nothing.

Just when you think you can't be treated any worse trying to hand over $150k, exotic dealers just keep bringing the surprises.

14. Gated

Gated Formula 3

Dec 21, 2009
    The whole industry is shocking. I had a similar experience with a dealer that is very much favoured here. Never responded, when he did he said he'd send info and didn't...no follow-up...brutal! I went and spent $200,000 on an R8 V10.

15. Cooper

Cooper Karting
    Owner

Feb 25, 2013
    London, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Chris Cooper
    My short story, I drove by this place while visiting the area with my family, when I looked over and saw 4 Lambos in the front window. I jammed the brakes and came over 3 lanes to get into the parking lot. I wont tell you what my wife said lol. So I walked in the dealership, met Mike and his team and told them I was looking to move into an exotic from my Viper. They were very helpful. This past 6 months I became aggressive to get a new car, a 360. Mike looked for me daily and called me on a few that were not right for me. I got a call from Mike one Wednesday afternoon, he was standing in front of what he thought was the car for me at the Lambo dealer in Montreal. He described the car as nearly mint, one of the cleanest he had seen with service records. After an exhausting search I told him to buy the car over the phone without seeing it. I picked the car up from him a week later and it was better than he had described. I could not have been happier. Mike took care of all the shipping, paperwork etc etc, all I had to do was show up in my Viper, do the trade and everything went as planned. He also got me the best car for the best money. I would recommend Mike for future and I plan on calling him when I am ready to upgrade. Mike talked me out of buying junk vehicles, salvage titles etc, he seems to pride himself on only touching good vehicles.

They have a skilled shop nearby where they work these cars. I lost count after 10 exotics at the shop getting engines pulled, clutches etc. My car was having a problem with the front trunk latch and before I left and they had it fixed up for me in less than an hour.

Based on my search and the price he advertises cars for seems to be a great value and I believe it is because he keeps low overhead, no fancy dealership etc. He recently installed a few lifts so he can make more room for the cars. Don't come here thinking you will be greeted by a fancy suit, the staff is young, good to talk to, music playing loud and a fun atmosphere.

That was my one time experience buying a car from them.

16. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    Cool story Cooper, thanks for sharing. Post pics of your car now dammit!

Chris B

17. Cooper

Cooper Karting
    Owner

Feb 25, 2013
    London, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Chris Cooper
  18. Cooper

Cooper Karting
    Owner

Feb 25, 2013
    London, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Chris Cooper
    Oops. Not sure why pic went u twice

19. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    Nice car Chris!
    Hope to see you make it out to some of our events this year!

20. Cooper

Cooper Karting
    Owner

Feb 25, 2013
    London, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Chris Cooper
    Hey Zak, I am aware of some events, but am interested in knowing about more. PM any details you have. Cheers!

21. slantnose2

slantnose2 Rookie

Oct 2, 2013
    #21 slantnose2, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    Be patient guys , these people actually sell allot of cars and very good ones. They are true to the descriptions and details but move allot of cars. They are very busy, just watch the inventory turn over..and over. Mike and team prides itself in not only getting the best cars but also selling them at fantastic prices. Be patient, don't walk in ( or call/email ) thinking you are dealing with some stuffy Ferrari dealer or sales guy....they are real people !! Mike was very very helpful after I purchased a Ferrari 360 Sypder last year ( the best he has seen as I hear) and it just did not click for me so he said without question he would move it for me. Talk about going the extra mile. Mike , Kyle and Julia did more than they set out to do and sold the car fro me , they helped me get the new Viper taken care. For me it was slightly stressful as the Viper was about to be sold by the private seller , Mike offered to step in to secure the car until the Ferrari was sold ...what dealer does that for a private sale he is not even going to end up selling me?? At the end of the day you have a wide range of people that come through the door and they all deal with the same team, be patient and you will see what comes from it. I have no time for sales guys that wish and dream of owning cars...these guys ALL own these cars which sets them apart. Not just guys on the other side of a desk pushing to sell you a car. They strive to sell you the best car at the best price !! Personally I would not buy from dealers who have cars sitting around for months and months. You are lucky if the same car is there more than a few weeks.. This should tell the story and set them apart. if you are the stuffy guy that likes the big dealer BS, well then enjoy your experience and over priced hardware. I recommend Mike and Vehicle Direct ALL the time !! There will always be someone unhappy , see through that and make your own tracks to see how things work out on your own .
    Check the Auto Trader.. see how many of the same cars are still sitting with the same sellers or dealers, then check Mikes inventory every few weeks.. it like Magic.. poof they are gone !!!

22. Carbuilder

Carbuilder Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2012
    Bolton, ON
    Full Name:
    Rick
    There is being patient and there is not doing what you said you would do. The person that flew in and then had nobody there to meet.....he should have just been more patient? Mike told me he would email me info and I seriously was interested in one of his cars. When he ignored 2 requests from me for the info he said he would send; patients only goes so far. He may be a good guy to deal with but there are obviously examples here when he did a very bad job.

Rick

23. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    Wow I'm super surprised. I know Mike personally and have never seen him not hustling. But a bad experience is a bad experience.
    Maybe Mike needs to hire a certain someone to run the show while he's buying. Eh Mike?? Hint hint wink-wink

24. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    I think you would be a great fit there...

25. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    Of course I would! But I don't know if Mike could handle one of his employees outshining him daily lol eh Mike?? You'll always be prettier that's for sure! :)