Alfa Romeo in Ontario / Toronto | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo in Ontario / Toronto

Discussion in 'Canada' started by starboy444, Feb 9, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I was just googling Alfa Romeo 4 C this afternoon.. and came across this dealer in Toronto.

They are offering deliveries of the 4C and other FIAT/ Alfa products.

Looks like the owners are planning a large showroom, building etc in the near future.

Never heard of them, looks very interesting. Anybody have any affiliation with these guys? Any other info available?

Alfa Romeo Import of Greater Toronto Corporation - Casa

2. NorthPoint

NorthPoint Karting

Oct 6, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    NorthPoint
    Site is registered to a Guido Baechler out of Miami, Florida. Address just shows some random grey warehouse on Google Maps.

Site is being hosted out of Melbourne Australia.

3. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Thats interesting info... but doesn't answer any questions. Are these guys legit? Are they
    going to be an Alfa dealer in Toronto soon?

4. Saturn

Saturn Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2010
    Toronto land of salt
    Full Name:
    Saturn
    I also noticed that bit of grayness...

Just sign up at the 4C site and get info from Manufacturer.
    Alfa Romeo 4C - Home

5. NorthPoint

NorthPoint Karting

Oct 6, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    NorthPoint
    Based on the information I posted, I would say No. At least not by this person/group.

6. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I thought they were going to be sold through Chrysler dealers, like fiat..

7. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
  8. sopopopo

sopopopo Karting

Jul 27, 2007
    Mississauga
    How did nobody call that number yet from the last row of pictures?
    I scored me a date with that broad in the 4C. (The first one holding the phone... not the fat one in the last pic.)

9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    So what is a 4C gonna cost here in Toronto? Anybody know?

10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    My guesstimate would be 95k here.
    However the new Z06 Corvette will probably appear before the 4C finally arrives here and for similar money without the Z07 aero pakage...
    CH

11. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Comparing a 4C and a Z07 is like comparing wine to whiskey....

I don't think many buyers will be deciding between a 4C and Z07, I think the 4C is falling somewhere between a Lotus Evora and Aston Martin DB9. Its only 1.8 Litre, 240 HP. Its a lightweight sports coupe, (not a GT like the Z07 Vette).

At a price of $95K it must be a tough sell, only the Alfa name and Beautiful design will sell this car.

12. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Agree. I think the profit margin on this car is very high for Alfa. The price of carbon fiber this or that is artificially high IMHO. I think at 70-75k they would move a ton of them.

13. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    +100

Thats exactly what I was thinking....Alfa should have made a target price between $60k and $75K. Put it in between the Jaguar F Type and BMW M3, a semi-exotic race coupe which is somewhat affordable to the masses.

Anthing over $90-$100K and your competing against the 911's and Astons...Its a high price for a 4 banger with 240 HP despite the good looks, Carbon fibre and Aluminum stuff.

14. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    Ok Winston are you for real or shall I call BS?

Chris

15. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    #16 CANDREAM, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    The first 86 dealerships to relaunch the sporty Alfa Romeo brand in North America, most of them now selling Fiat cars, were announced on Tuesday by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

The 83 Fiat dealerships and three Maserati dealerships will be the first to sell the limited-edition Alfa Romeo 4C sports car later this year. It is the first time new Alfa models will be sold in North America since 1996.

Last month, Fiat Chrysler said it would increase its sales in the United States and Canada from zero to 150,000 in just four years. Analysts scoffed at that projection, saying that the company's plans to bring eight new models to market by the end of 2018 was too ambitious to be realistic.

In an interview in San Francisco, Harald Wester, head of Alfa Romeo and Maserati, said the 4C will be made in limited production. "We will never, ever be able to produce more than 3,500 a year," Wester said, when asked about 4C sales projections. "So I expect a Ferrari-like situation (in) that you always have a long list of people waiting for the car."

Fiat Chrysler Chief Executive Officer Sergio Marchionne said that the company will be successful and much stronger than it is today even if it misses the target for Alfa Romeo sales, part of a plan to increase overall sales to 7 million by 2018 from 4.4 million last year.

"This group of dealers represents the first phase in the Alfa Romeo dealer network selection process,” Peter Grady, head of network development for Chrysler Group LLC, which is based in Michigan, said in a company statement issued on Tuesday.

Grady said that eventually there will be more than 300 Alfa Romeo franchises in North America. The number of dealerships selling Alfa Romeo will grow later this year, Grady said. In the next several years, Alfa is expected to introduce more affordable models to its North American lineup.

A limited-edition 4C is expected to cost $70,000 or more, and the more traditional version of the 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C $55,000 or more.

States with the most Alfa Romeo stores in the first wave will be California with 12, Texas with 10 and Florida with nine.

Four will be in Canada

Canada
    FIAT of Vancouver, dba Alfa Romeo of Vancouver, Vancouver, B.C.
    Maranello FIAT, dba Maranello Alfa Romeo, Vaughan, Ont.
    LaSalle FIAT, dba LaSalle Alfa Romeo, LaSalle, Quebec
    JD FIAT, dba JD Alfa Romeo, Boischatel, Quebec

retail for $61,995. Additionally, a special limited version of the car – the Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition, of which only 500 will be made – will sell for $75,995. The Launch Edition will be in showrooms this summer while the regular 4C arrives in the fall.

16. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    #17 myronx19, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017