Ferrari 456 in Toronto | FerrariChat

Ferrari 456 in Toronto

Discussion in 'Canada' started by fidget, Mar 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fidget

fidget Rookie

Sep 13, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
  2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Always liked these cars, drives like a big BMW 750.

Black/blue/silver/gray/gold ... are the best colors on these cars.

I do not know this car, but I have heard about the automatic transmission being as expensive as the entire car if it pooches.

Someone enjoyed this one, therefore, good to see its a driver !

3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    That thing is still around? Ugg..stay well away. Unless sombody has dumped a ton of money into it since I saw it last. The mileage hasn't seemed to have changed much either. If it's the same car..which I think it is.

4. fidget

fidget Rookie

Sep 13, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    This is a great thing about F-chat, people everywhere who know the cars. If you are saying it needs a lot of work thats not a good sign at all.... What was wrong with the 456 when you saw it?

5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It overheated quite badly last time I saw it. I let it cool down and filled the coolant back up, and ran it on the hoist. It needed head gaskets, and the right head was possibly cracked.

The rads were leaking, the rear shocks were bad. The lower spoiler did not operate, the rear window was in need of replacement. The headlights were miss aligned and hitting the hood when opened. The windows were totaly out of alignment, needing the Ferrari fix at 3k a door at the time.

The car was then parked, and that was the last I heard of it until now. Maybe it was fixed up since then, who knows. But I would stay away from this one.

6. fidget

fidget Rookie

Sep 13, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    Wow.... so in other words the price they are asking is only half the cost of the car. It basically is a parts car at this point from what you are saying which is sad because they look so good in black on black. If they put the cash into the car that it sounds like it would need to have had I cannot see them selling it for the price they have on it, it would be way too low.

Definitely not a car I would consider now. I saw the ad and thought maybe, especially at the low cost of entry if it didnt need much, but it just needs way too much work to make it a viable purchase. Thanks for the info.

7. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    What were you expecting for 45 grand ?

8. fidget

fidget Rookie

Sep 13, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    I knew the car would need some work, no way it would be pristine for that low of a price of course. That said I wanted to get an idea about just how bad it was because the price is so low and if the car wasnt in too bad of shape it might have been a good buy. Hearing this though it needs far more work than I would want to be buying.

9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Best to look down in the states if you really want one of those. Not many were sold here.

10. Tony Montoya

Tony Montoya Rookie

Dec 29, 2005
    That is an American car. I think it was 4 sale 1-2 years ago in Fl from the rims. Too bad you didn't buy the M 4 sale in Montreal which was $75k with 35k km. It looked good.

11. Andrew D.

Andrew D. F1 Rookie

Jul 6, 2008
    Goodwood Ontario
    Full Name:
    Andrew D.
    I would only buy a cheap one if your prepared to sort out its issues yourself and deal with it as a project for 2 years. Once sorted,they are great cars and even make a great car for track days with wider tires and the muffler delete pipes. Great sound and handling. Bought mine from the US,usually lower mileage, less bad weather driving.-look at all the leased porsches and ferraris you see here in sh**ty weather.

12. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
  13. fidget

fidget Rookie

Sep 13, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    I saw the silver one there and am very tempted.

14. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
  15. Northman

Northman Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2014
    Laurentian, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Denis Gauthier
    I know of a silver 2002 manual - original owner with maybe 20,000 km & he did'nt used it for at least the last 5 years (he owns about 15 other cars) so maybe it is available but it will not be a bargain so if you are really interested I can inquire.