Anything to do in Winnipeg? | FerrariChat

Anything to do in Winnipeg?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MNExotics, Mar 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MNExotics

MNExotics F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 13, 2010
    Good Thunder
    Full Name:
    Ben Gruenzner
    #1 MNExotics, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    Going to watch the Wild beat the Jets like they owe them money on the 7th. Our group will be there for few days and wondering what else to checkout besides the bars while up there. Or any great places to eat.

2. MNExotics

MNExotics F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 13, 2010
    Good Thunder
    Full Name:
    Ben Gruenzner
    The drive up took nearly 15 hours after we were stopped at the border for 3 hrs. One of our group had a DWI 20 yrs ago and had to become a temporay citizen to be allowed in. The hotel we stayed at in Winnipeg was the Marlborough. Apparently that place has quite the reputation as even the people at the border were laughing. My favorite line when asked where we were staying was "The Marlborough!!! Are you guys on government assistance?" One in our group was propositioned as she waited with the luggage while we parked. The place was a dive and it was so hot in our rooms we just sweat ourselves to sleep. We found the Kingshead pub was a good time with alot of different beers to try and Santa Lucia Pizza is pretty good after words. The game was not the most exciting game I have seen the Wild play but they won and got the wild card slot. We drank at Moxies just outside the arena and I found a Guys cell phone and returned it to him and in return he started feeding me Hendricks Gin and I am think I am saying farewell to Saphire.

3. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    All I can say is don't ever stay at the Marb again, and I totally switched to Hendricks Gin as well, nice stuff!!!
    When in Minneapolis, we always stay out in Bloomington, and we'll be there next week, party at Joe Sensors!

4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Drink..thats about it

5. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    kill some mosquitoes :p

6. MNExotics

MNExotics F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 13, 2010
    Good Thunder
    Full Name:
    Ben Gruenzner
    A few in my group are notorious partiers that have been pre-kicked out of bars and they commented they couldn't wreck the Marb any more than it already was.

Are you partying at Sensors house or the restaurant?

7. djempire

djempire Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2012
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Serf
    Has the snow melted yet?

8. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada