Calling out London, Ontario | FerrariChat

Calling out London, Ontario

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Cooper, Mar 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cooper

Cooper Karting
    Owner

Feb 25, 2013
    London, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Chris Cooper
    Who else here form London, Ontario? F40Carlo is a friend of mine, I know a few others in town with F-Cars but not sure if they are on here. I know Acemaster and PbPedis are around as well, anyone else?

2. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    I have met the Fguys you posted. Not living in London any longer, however I'm close. Always up for a get together though.

'79 308gts.

3. Wildart

Wildart Rookie

May 21, 2007
    London, Ontario
    Yes, I'm in London also, but I haven't been on here for some time

4. neilmac

neilmac Formula 3

Apr 18, 2005
    Oakville, Ont.
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I'm in Oakville, but I'm from London and still have family there if that counts. Probably not. :(

5. AndruetBiche

AndruetBiche Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2006
    I will be in London tonight - looking at a house for sale on Green Acres.

6. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Went to school there. Loved the town. Tried to get transferred there last year.

7. Josh P

Josh P Karting

Wow, random timing to create this post. I'm moving there in about a month from Toronto.

8. AndruetBiche

Oct 7, 2006
    Looked at homes in Medway and Pill Hill area. Any other areas I should be looking?
    Best thing about London no speed bumps and no potholes. Also had really excellent Vietnamese food yesterday as well as a red 458 spot on Oxford.

9. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Give me a shout when you get here. 519-619-6939

10. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Depends on what you are looking for. Is there a specific reason you looked in that area, or does location not matter? What is your budget for a home?

Btw, this isn't a sales pitch, I am not a real estate agent, I am genuinely just trying to help :)

11. AndruetBiche

Oct 7, 2006
    #11 AndruetBiche, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    Need big lot(privacy) traditional older home OK - with garage potential for 6+ cars. Prefer close to core 15min. Also saw nice homes backing on to Country Golf Club but was told these homes rarely come up for sale. Budget ?- my present postal code M4N - would like to spend about half the average here. No rush - not retiring for a couple more years - trying to see what London is like. Are there good driving roads in the area?

12. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You heard correct, those homes rarely come up for sale.

If you are looking for 6+ car garage, you may have to buy some property and have that home built, those homes are very rare here in London. I would consider buying in one of the smaller towns 15-30 min from London and building there. This will get you a large lot, and another bonus is the property tax will be half as much.

There are some decent driving roads just outside the city.

13. scuderialover

scuderialover Rookie

Mar 30, 2010
    think that red 458 on oxford st belongs to the owner of Covington Homes...sometimes its parked in front of the office near Oxford and Gammage.

14. F5o

F5o Karting

Jul 21, 2013
    Yeah, it's either Carlo's or Gabbies.

15. AndruetBiche

Oct 7, 2006
    The plate started with GABI

16. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I was just gonna say Gabbi has personalized plates (gabbi1 and gabbi2 for each of his exotics)

17. scuderialover

scuderialover Rookie

Mar 30, 2010
    He still have the Gallardo spyder? seen a yellow gallardo spyder on wharncliffe yesterday, but wasn't close enough to see if it was him.

18. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    As far as I know he does. He had it for sale last year but I don't think anyone bought it.

19. Arminti

Arminti Rookie

Jun 14, 2013
    ldnont/toronto
    He has the Gallardo and 458 listed as new with very little mileage, even though he rips them around the city all the time, and doesn't take the greatest care of them. Very shady character who has stated multiple times he has an Aventador, yet nobody has seen anything.

20. F5o

F5o Karting

Jul 21, 2013
    Haha, I think he puts them up for sale just to advertise for his used car business. Also, he must definitely doesn't have an aventador.