Looking for new car insurance company. Any suggestions? | FerrariChat

Looking for new car insurance company. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Nuvolari, Apr 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    After years with the same insurance company I am convinced that I am probably paying too much for my cars and am not too pleased with their service. Can anyone give some leads or opinions on good brokers and companies for insurance of 'regular' drivers. I get the feeling that better service and better rates are out there and just need a little help in the hunt.

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    After we graduated from University, we had an alumni plan with Meloche Monnex, under U of T

My wife and I have been on it for over 20 yrs now and every year it's always been cheaper than going though a broker.

Call up your University alumni, or call TD Meloche monnex direct and go though them 416-484-1112

We have all of our insurance under this umbrella and it's 30% cheaper than going through a broker.

If I'm not mistaken, you went to U of T right ?

3. DenisC

DenisC Formula 3

Oct 11, 2009
    #3 DenisC, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  4. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I have Silver Wheels on the 308 but I am looking for options for my other regular cars.

No U of T for me I was too dumb and went to York

5. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Worked for York as well.
    Call them to see, or call York under the alumni ..... It's been a very long time when I did it Rob, I don't remember the entire process, I think it was called the affinity program. York would have one as well if it's not under TD Meloche Monnex.

6. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    I've been with TD Meloche Monnex for 30 years through their professional association program, they provide discounts to the Alberta professional engineers association APEGA. they have several different qualifying affiliation programs, definitely worth calling them.

Note, the Meloche Monnex division is different than the regular TD Insurance division!

7. Rorie

Rorie Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2007
  8. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    try cooperators....if you have multiple vehicles...they provide discounts.....for my F355,99 it is $1140 per year.

9. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I was talking insurance with the man from who I bought my TR who has a large collection and he told me they switched from Lant(silver Wheel) to Hagerty because it was easier and cheaper with them.

10. abarth69

abarth69 Karting

Aug 16, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Lant and Hagerty are one in the same

11. Carbuilder

Carbuilder Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2012
    Bolton, ON
    Full Name:
    Rick
    They are both just as restrictive. Can't drive it to work or leave it in a public parking lot.

12. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    Myself and my parents have had the exact same plan for over a decade. No issues with filing claims or anything, either. Good rates compared to other companies as well.

13. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Thank you all for the suggestions. I ended up with TD Meloche and saved a bundle over my previous insurance company.