1999 Ferrari 355F1 Spyder- in Canada, new leather, Major done, many improvements ! | FerrariChat

1999 Ferrari 355F1 Spyder- in Canada, new leather, Major done, many improvements !

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BarrieM5, May 31, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BarrieM5

BarrieM5 Karting

Jul 8, 2009
    Kelowna, BC , Canada
    I have an excellent 1999 Ferrari 355 F1 Spyder for sale in the Ferrari Sales section ! Thought I would let potential Canadian buyers know about it. The car has just has it's engine out service done and has just had both front seats recovered in factory leather by BRADAN of New York. The car is located in Kelowna, BC

Here is the link to the ad; http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/448205-1999-ferrari-355f1-spyder-canada-new-leather-major-done-many-improvements.html

Barrie Clift

[email protected] 250-768-7191

2. fidget

fidget Rookie

Sep 13, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    damn thats pretty, and in province too... just need to figure out a way to get my wife to see that i "NEED" to have this in the garage.

3. psorella

psorella Formula 3

Oct 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    All you gotta say is "honey, I need this! "....😬

4. fidget

fidget Rookie

Sep 13, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    If only....

5. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hi Barrie, congratulations on your retirement. I know that you will enjoy the new opportunities it will bring for your many and varied interests. I assume we will not see your car at the Italian Car Show next weekend in North Vancouver. Maybe it will be there with a new owner! Your spider is beautiful and reflects your pride of ownership.

As for me, the Maser sold about a year ago and I'm now driving a 328.
    Cheers
    Jon

6. BarrieM5

BarrieM5 Karting

Jul 8, 2009
    Kelowna, BC , Canada
    Hi Jon ! Good to hear from you !

My wife and I are heading away for a one year "trip around America" by motorhome starting in August and following that we'll be exploring Central America for 4-5 months so with our being away for the better part of the next two years...it made sense to sell the 355. I'm really going to miss it though....it's been a fantastic car !

How do you like the 328 compared to the Maser ?

Barrie

7. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hi Barrie, your travel plans sound very ambitious and exciting. When you get back, you can always sell the motorhome and jump back into a Ferrari, although it might be hard to find a 355 Spider as nice as yours. Hope it stays in BC.
    The '04 Maser Spyder and the'86 328 are quite different cars. The Maser is a modern GT car, heavily reliant on electronics and electric assists. The 328 is completely "old school" with fuel injection, power windows and electric antenna being about the only electronics and assists: no ABS, no stability control, no PS, no power top, no power seats. Performance-wise, the 328 (as is well-covered elsewhere) is slow, under-braked and under-powered by modern standards and has to be worked to extract what's on tap. But, it is a very nimble car and will definitely keep up. And driving it is the fun of it! The Maser had plenty of power, braking, comfort. But the reliance on electronics was, for me, its Achilles heel, e.g., CEL's, power top motor issues, sensors, et al. The Maser is a GT car rather than a sports car, is larger than the 328 and not as nimble as the 328. Interestingly, the 328 is easier to drive, e.g. clutch is lighter (my Maser had the rare 6 speed stick shift) and the 328 seems more solid despite its "body on frame" construction (the Maser suffered cowl shake despite efforts to stiffen the body for the '04 model and its large section tires had a tendency to "tram line"). The Maser is a GT car with comfort, cold air, good luggage capacity, but the electronics and assists are its undoing (already some parts can be extremely difficult to source e.g., convertible top motors and there are three to go awry). None of those describe a 28 year old 328. I enjoyed the Maser and had some good 2- 3 day road trips in it. But, for me, the 328 wins hand down for fun driving. My wife and I took it to Seattle this weekend: down I-5 and back up via Whidbey Island - never missed a beat and was fun to drive all the way. These cars are meant to be driven - mine has an honest and maintained 67K miles.

Stay in touch.
    Jon

8. BarrieM5

BarrieM5 Karting

Jul 8, 2009
    Kelowna, BC , Canada
    Hi Jon ! That's a great comparison for anyone looking at either of these cars ! I'm sure other readers will find this valuable. I showed my car at the weekend Boyd's Father's Day Car Show here in Kelowna and the car always draws a crowd ! There were two very interested gentleman but so far no firm offers. I won't hurt me not to sell it this summer....it's a blast to drive and with the new seats and work done over the winter the car has never looked or performed better !

Keep in touch Jon !

Barrie

9. BarrieM5

BarrieM5 Karting

Jul 8, 2009
    Kelowna, BC , Canada