Ferrari Service in Vancouver | FerrariChat

Ferrari Service in Vancouver

Discussion in 'Canada' started by White rock, Aug 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. White rock

White rock Karting

Oct 23, 2013
    White Rock BC
    Is there any additional options in Vancouver for service on older cars other than FOV or Prancing Horse in North Van. Thanks

2. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Milo European Cars on Kingsway near Fraser. I have had my 328 serviced there since importing it a year ago - they also did the provincial inspection.

Milo appear to service a number of Ferraris. There was a lovely yellow Dino 246 berlinetta in the shop yesterday when I had my car in for an oil change. There was also a 335 Spider in their small showroom, possibly for sale, and a Fiat Dino convertible which I think is owned personally by Milo Gach. I have seen a variety of vintage Ferraris in there over the past couple of years, including a 330GTC, 365GTB Daytona.

I believe there is someone in the Langley area that services Ferraris as well, but I have no information. You might check with the Italian Car Club or Vancouver F-Chat member "Peter"

Nice collection of cars you have listed in your profile!
    Jon

3. White rock

White rock Karting

Oct 23, 2013
    White Rock BC
  4. Gangsta

Gangsta Karting

Oct 20, 2013
    Montreal, QC
    Are they willing to do a PPI? I am from Montreal and I am interested in a BC car... Let me know. Thanks!

5. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I believe FMoV, Prancing Horse and Milo European cars will all do PPI's although that might depend on which model, e.g., if any specialized diagnostics are required. Jon

6. Red Rocket

Red Rocket Karting

Aug 10, 2014
    be very careful with Milo

7. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hmm, your first post. Care to articulate? Milo's are not focused on Ferrari in the way that FMoV or Prancing Horse are, but they do service a number of Maseratis and Ferraris. I tried to send you a PM, rather than this public forum, but I didn't see a way to do that.
    Jon

8. Ferrari Nube

Ferrari Nube Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    British Columbia
    Nube to Ferraris.... Just purchased a mint F430 Spider from FMOV and loving the car!

I've heard different reviews of FMOV and recently learned about Prancing Horse in NV. Aside from the "dealership" nuances, any reviews of the repair "service" aspect for each of these businesses provide?

Thanks
    FN

9. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Joseph at Prancing Horse usually looks after cars of an older vintage... I'm not sure if he has the SD/OBD diagnostic computer readers.

FMOV will take on the occasional older Ferrari, but obviously are more geared towards the modern stuff. I haven't dealt too much with them, but the few times I've had I haven't had any issues (although I was interested in a 348 they had for sale a while ago, it didn't get very far. Needless to say, that salesperson I was talking to doesn't work there anymore... Mark the general manager and Victor are great and Ash and Justin in parts have always been very helpful).

10. Ferrari Nube

Ferrari Nube Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    British Columbia
    Thanks Peter Griffin :) !

My experience with FMOV has been good so far and I also have the concern that some of the diagnostics of newer cars may be challenging. I plan to stick with FMOV for a while since I also have a power train warranty with the car. These cars are interesting indeed.... quite the raw beast compared to my 911 S.....

Cheers
    FN

11. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I serviced my Maserati Spyder (now sold) exclusively by FMoV. I found them very professional. Hourly rates probably somewhat more than an independent, but like contemporary Ferraris, the Maserati required use of their diagnostic computer for some issues, CEL's, so I went to them. Ash and Justin were very good to deal with. I also appreciated FMoV's fully itemized bills, albeit they probably came at a premium. Independents don't seem to itemize their bills as well, so can be hard to know what their rates are compared to dealer (same for my Nissan servicing). I have my 328 serviced by Milo's, who handles some older Ferraris and Maseratis, but I would not hesitate to have it serviced by FMoV or Prancing Horse (considered very knowledgeable on the older cars). There's a relatively new shop in Langley that seems to be catering to contemporary exotics. I know nothing about them and too far away for me to give them a try.

12. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    Joseph does have some OBD diagnostic gear, likely not as much as FMoV. I had my 348's BC Inspection done by Milo's and was an easy process. Joseph's done all the work since, but he is particular about who he works with, and has more demand than time.

13. AgeRebel

AgeRebel Karting

Apr 29, 2008
    US Pacific NW
    Can anyone care to share your experiences with FMoV for a Complete Major Service with Belt Change for the 360 Modena or 550/575 Maranello?

I've heard some grumblings from folks in BC who have been disgruntled enough to have their cars sent to the US (FoS or RTGT) instead for major servicing.

Much appreciate some input to help with my decision and PM me if you feel more comfortable. Thanks!

14. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    If you're in the WA rather than BC, maybe Nick's Forza Ferrari in Custer / Bellingham? I've haven't used him but a friend had a major service on a 348 and was happy. Jon

15. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    FMoV does have a technician that started working on Ferraris when Carter held the franchise. So 80's and 90's Ferrari's they do have someone who knows them.

16. sakyubasu

sakyubasu Rookie

Apr 4, 2021
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Troy S
    The Langley shop is called Eurolux FYI and I would highly recommend Hooman to anyone.

yamashek likes this.
  17. Kris76

Kris76 Rookie

Feb 12, 2022
    Vancouver canada
    Full Name:
    Kris Blea
    Milos European cars on Kingsway did a full service on my 1999 550 marenello. Was happy and they were very reasonable

18. Kris76

Kris76 Rookie

Feb 12, 2022
    Vancouver canada
    Full Name:
    Kris Blea

19. sakyubasu

sakyubasu Rookie

Apr 4, 2021
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Troy S
    Upgrade on Eurolux, Was suppose to do a full job on my buddys F1 Gransport. He supplied him a new clutch and instead he did a gear oil change on it, bled it, left bolts missing out of the trans, charged him 1300$ and then let it sit outside his shop for nearly a year with very poor contact after he apparently was *diagnosing it*. Were now tearing apart the car in our garage and doing it ourselves. Absolutely horrific service.

To add, he charged me by each individual tech that worked on my car, per hour for a break job (there was two x 160$) on my Granturismo. Then charged me 2200$ for a rebuilt alternator job, it failed within 5 days, and it took him 2 weeks to do. I ended up having to buy a new one and do it myself in my garage again in about 8 hours; and I’m a amateur DIYer!

My initial review was based on solely fluid changes with him (oil change was like 600$ and tranny was 1000$), and I was naive to how bad the shop was. Stay far away from this place!

20. RedRocket355

RedRocket355 Rookie

Jul 24, 2014
    In my experience RPM Autohaus is the place to go. The owner is a Master Ferrari tech and also a master tech in several other brands. His attention to detail is par none. The work he did on my 355 was fully documented with photos and receipts. There is not doubt about what what was done and how it was done. Very professional clean work. He is also fully involved in Challenge Racing as a crew chief and head mechanic. It is always a pleasure to talk to someone who is passionate about what they do. Just my 2 cents.

Here is a link to some of the work he has done for others:

rpmautohaus.ca

21. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day RedRocket355,

The shop could very well be a great place to take one's auto. However, to me the website reads more like a "puff and fluff" piece than anything substantial. For example, why is it that they do not provide their business address and telephone number and the only means of contact is via a web form? Given your comments and those on the site, why is it that there are no names associated with the shop? It seems to me that if the owner/technicians are at the level you suggest that their names would figure prominently. Lastly, it seems rather bold and perhaps arrogant to ask to interview a potential customer:

"contact us for an interview to see if you are the right fit for our venture"

I would think it would be the other way around... in that the customer should be able to "interview" or visit a shop to see if they, the customer, wants to have their auto serviced by them. Perhaps this type of approach/marketing may work with some customers, but certainly not for me.

Cheers,

Sam

22. Kris76

Kris76 Rookie

Feb 12, 2022
    Vancouver canada
    Full Name:
    Kris Blea
    Agreed, the person spending the money should be the one in the power position lol