Not about Ferrari but about other foreign non-US cars sold in Canada new | FerrariChat

Not about Ferrari but about other foreign non-US cars sold in Canada new

Discussion in 'Canada' started by bitzman, Nov 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    At the last Best of Italy and
    France car show I thought I glimpsed a few foreign cars
    that are fairly recent, like
    Renault R5 Turbo , some Alfa with tiny circular headlights in convertible form,
    so I hastily thought "here's a collector car that you could buy that was probably imported to Canada so if you can get it into the U.S.you can order parts from Toronto, etc." Or is it safer to find one that somebody else already brought in? The main appeal to me would be:

-distinctive body style
    -more recent availability of parts than truly old car of Fifties,
    Sixties, Seventies

Or am I dreaming and the
    Canucks lock out the same cars that the U.S.. does?

2. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    The U.S. has a 25 year law. Canada has a 15 year law. I don't see why you couldn't import whatever you want from Europe directly to the U.S. if it's older then 25 years. If it's less then 25 years old but more then 15 you could import it legally into canada only. Then importing that car into the U.S. would prove difficult as it still wouldn't meet the 25 year old regulation so it would have to be brought into compliance with us regulations.

3. rnelson

rnelson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2005
    Any car over 15 years is completely restriction free to import to Canada. A few hoops, but legal to bring.