Protex Clear Bra Protection | FerrariChat

Protex Clear Bra Protection

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Aloha Ferrari F430 Fl, Dec 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aloha Ferrari F430 Fl

Nov 8, 2015
    BC, Canada
    I am thinking of wrapping my 2007 Red F430 with Protex, clear bra.

1. Has anyone used Protex on their vehicle?
    2. Is it a good idea to have it?
    3. My car has few stone chips on the front hood, they are very small. Will the clear bra mask those chips or will it magnify them?
    4. Does it fade over time or go yellowish.

Much appreciated.

2. Ferrari Nube

Ferrari Nube Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    British Columbia
    Don't know of the Protex product and haven't researched it, but note that from my experience, rock chips will be visible after installation of the clear bra due to the fact that it has a sheen to it and air is trapped in the cavity of the of the rock chip. If you have very few chips, it's likely ok (depending on how much you value a pure smooth/ perfect surface), but if you have a moderate or higher number of chips, then it won't look good.

I was recently at a local Lambo dealer who has a 2008 Murcielago (SP?) for sale. Beautiful car but they went and installed clear bra over the rock chips. With the car glistening in the showroom, the rock chips under the clear bra on the front end were "highlighted"......NOT good....

Even for myself, I have a 2010 Cayenne S that had some rock chips from highway driving.... I put Xpel over the front to save the car from more chips after I had touched up the chips, but realistically, it's not good. I don't really care because the car is used only for the winter months but.....

Good luck,

Cheers,
    FN!

3. Jonsav

Jonsav Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2014
    Canada
    stick with a better known brand.. 3m or Xpel

4. Marco0355

Marco0355 Karting

Aug 22, 2005
    GTA
    Agreed!

A quality installer is the most important part. Speak to a reputable shop in your area and visit them to see an installation in person.

5. XPEL

XPEL Karting
    BANNED

Mar 26, 2013
    Worldwide
    Hello, Protex Ultra is actually manufactured by us (XPEL). Its the same as XPEL ULTIMATE.

2. Great idea to have, to protect from rock chips, fine scratches, swirl marks, and more

3. It depends how severe, some shops may apply touch up paint, it varies. Best bet is to take it to the installer and see what they recommend. I can say this, it won't mask the stone chips, but its not going to typically magnify them.

4. It's warrantied for 10 years against, yellowing, staining, cracking, blistering and delaminating. In the case this does happen take it to any authorized installer and it will be taken care of (film and labor)

6. Aloha Ferrari F430 Fl

Nov 8, 2015
    BC, Canada
    Thank you for the information. I did not know that Xpel and Protex products are the same, that is good to know. I appreciate the advice, I am going to take the car to both installers and see what each will say.

7. bigcheech

bigcheech Karting

Mar 30, 2013
    Look over your shoulder...
    Full Name:
    the big one
    I've always had good results with 3M. Never had any issues. I'm sure the other brands work just as well.