12 weeks away from the weekly all Italian car meet in the GTA | FerrariChat

12 weeks away from the weekly all Italian car meet in the GTA

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Turboski, Feb 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Turboski

Turboski Karting

Sep 3, 2015
    Just 12 short weeks until we meet up for the weekly gathering at La Paloma in Woodbridge .
    Our event caters to the Italian car enthusiasts new and vintage models displayed .
    Come on out on any Tuesday weather permitting this year is our 15th consecutive year at Hwy #7 and Weston road.
    Sorry only Italian Marques no domestic models please !

2. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    Are you actually organizing this ??
    In the past it was never really organized and as such fell apart . Many reported it was actually Thursday which at one time say 5 years ago , it was .
    So that combined with the Landlords unwillingness to participate in any sort of organization and the infusion of ETERFA ( ricers ) left this event what it is today ... a mere shadow of what once was . signs were even at one time , posted by LL to discourage car gatherings.

For the benefit of all reading please enlighten us if you know something we don't or if something has changed here.

regards
    Gary

3. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    As said above... Hopefully this will be better organized as it wasn't so last season.
    I sure will be out in the Alfa if so!

4. Turboski

Turboski Karting

Sep 3, 2015
    The event is organized by the FCA Toronto chapter it's been at this location for the past 15 years , we were on Thursday nights prior to being invaded by other car clubs . We have been on Tuesday nights for the past 2 years , we are the only all Italian car gathering in the GTA .
    We are adamant to ensure it remains that way , come on out to see Marques such as Alfa Romeo, Fiat .Lancia ,De tomaso, Lambos,Maserati and Ferrari .

5. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Why not back to Thursday?

6. Nick Puopolo

Nick Puopolo Canada

Oct 5, 2010
    This is not an organized event, and after speaking with the property manager, he informed me permission had not been given for any organized car gathering event on his property.

All though La Paloma has been going on for the past 15 years, it was never an organized event, therefore no permit to be on the property, no security, no insurance if anything happens in the parking lot.

You cannot prevent a customers from parking in the area the gathering is taking place. In fact, arguments have occurred when customers were politely asked not to park in the area, and asked for proof of permit.

I attend the first Tuesday of every month as most people do, but not every week. I understand it is an unorganized event, and therefore attend at my own risk knowing the factors associated with presenting my car.

People should not be misled. This is not an organized event, and participants should understand the risks associated with attending the gathering.

7. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    Thanks for the insight Nick... Never knew of that information.

Hopefully something more organized can be arranged for this coming season

8. Turboski

Turboski Karting

Sep 3, 2015
    Contrary to the misinformation mentioned. By others we have been at La Paloma for 15 years well organized without controversy , never an incident for all those years ! we share a common interest in Italian cars there's no animosity or jealousy what so ever insurance , security not needed with a controllable crowd such as ours .

Individuals who are not pleasable don't attend anymore ,if your into vintage Italian automobiles this is the only all Italian car meet in the GTA .

See you soon!

9. URAS

URAS Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2014
    Canada
    Full Name:
    vince
    The point was that you advised it was a sanctioned meet which is inconsistent with reality and thus it raises red flags as to your interest. Not saying not a great initiative, and I hope to make it out as a first time for me. But I think I am going to need Big Red to be there to protect me incase something happens as I do not speak Italian and I might receive a Frappuccino instead of a simple black coffee.

10. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    completely stupid and racist comment against anyone Italian ! he SAID his club organized something there . we learned the LL has not. What red flags are raised ?????
    Stop trying to trying to incite a drama that is not there . Your comments are "inconsistent with the reality of what is written on the page above and part of the reason the Canada thread is a joke!

Gary

11. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    Paloma was quite good last year. A nice fun time, lots of interesting cars came out and as always, great Veal Sangweeches and Gelato.

I know for a fact, that Jerry of FCA has spoken with the Landlord, and has even shown letters to cops that have arrived at the Tuesday night that state we're OK to be there. No, it's not an "organized" event - but it's an official unofficial car meet that has been going on for years (before Paloma, we were at Veneto). I don't want to speak for Jerry, but the Landlord had less of an issue with us being there on Tuesdays - the other option was don't go there. Believe me, it would be illegal/unlawful for us to be there otherwise. The Landlord has every right to call the cops, or have security kick us out (like they did for Thursday nights). To say that is not the case is wrong.

California's and La Paloma like having the Italian Car Night there.

So now Italian car owners have two events to choose from - Tuesday and Wednesday at Walmart in Woodbridge. Both are good for different reasons. Both have their bad points as well - (Paloma - sometimes low turnout, makes it an early night - Walmart - I had to wait almost 20 minutes in line to get into the lot!)

I still prefer Paloma, but I'll be going to both :)

12. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
  13. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    If you knew Vinti you would know he was kidding around and it was not a racist comment, he's a joker and one of the nicest people I know. When you see two completely conflicting "facts" about the event you can see why people would question it. You're the only one causing drama by blatantly insulting him when its not justified.

14. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    #14 myronx19, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016

kettle? ;)

15. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Well done (you beat me lol)

As the old saying goes, "the best way to prove someone wrong is to quote them"

16. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    ricer is a car not a person and at the risk of having this go on forever and ever . its a stupid comment about Italians and I am certain many , not just me Don't know Vinti . What's his real name BTW??

Gary

17. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Those who know, won't say. Those who'll say, don't know.

Can't wait for spring...La Paloma has been a staple for years...

18. URAS

URAS Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2014
    Canada
    Full Name:
    vince
    Hi Thedoc. I would address you by your proper name but I am not sure what your real name is.

First of all, my apologies for how you interpreted things. I had put a happy face icon, but I am not an IT type of guy and somehow the icon did not attach properly. I am still a rolodex type of guy. I guess my sense of humour also may not be that great...which is a shame as it has taken me over 50 years to prefect it.

I have sent you a PM with my bio. It includes everything from my background to education, kids, business, home address and telephone number. I was trying to include self/family pictures, but PM does not seem to allow me to attach these. As such, if you wish, include your email address in a PM to me and I can forward those to you.

I would welcome the opportunity for you to visit my house and we can break bread and uncork a wine bottle or two. I just picked up some fresh spices from an overseas visit to India and this would be a great opportunity to test sample these. Let me know what type of food you prefer....the females in my household cook everything from indian, greek, Italian, Chinese, middle east, and even fish and chips if that is what you want. If you prefer, we can meet in Woo da'bridge, but that would mean I would need to take my IROC Z out of storage to drive there and the weather does not allow for that currently.

Personal Regards

19. URAS

URAS Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2014
    Canada
    Full Name:
    vince
    Also, you posted this on JayGT4's thread (post 24 I believe titled Whatever happened to...). At least I now know your name is Gary. Thedoc, is there anything you actually do like? I hang around with guys who's glasses are half full. I don't want a black cloud to follow you to my house if we are going to break bread together. BUT, I am prepared to take the risk and work with you to convert from half empty to hall full.

"hey I'm 11 and just saw a pretty car on the highway but don't have a pic, ! " threads
    waterfront property threads
    70 F'n chattin pages of "kick the dead DEAD FOREX wannabe in the balls again and again while he's on the ground for months on end ." thread
    this by the way , should be a crime too. Looter mentality applies here.
    old news threads
    lawsuits ! lawsuits and more lawsuits even the guys TALKING ABOUT THOSE SUITS ARE NOT WHO THEY SAY THEY ARE !!! .
    hockey threads
    baseball threads
    Schumacher champagne threads
    posers
    frauds
    fake names
    no names
    fake moderator contests
    people who are banned for speaking their mind
    this Canada thread is a now a joke
    and embarrassing to legitimate Ferrari enthusiasts and drama free car guys alike .look no further to other countries threads about real car stuff with serious aficionados and you will understand . But then again maybe not ......

And now a thread about what happened to all the guys who used to post here ? LMAO
    Give me an F'n chattin break !!!
    now do you really need to ask where all the old posters went ??????

Gary

20. Nick Puopolo

Nick Puopolo Canada

Oct 5, 2010
    As posted by myronx19 there is an alternative to the non-organised La Paloma car gathering event, Wednesday Night Woodbridge Cruisers on HWY 27 at the Walmart Plaza.
    I will begin a new thread out of respect and proper edicate.

21. Turboski

Turboski Karting

Sep 3, 2015
    Wednesday Night Woodbridge Cruisers on HWY 27 is Way too congested and you need to line up in and out forced to contribute to a charity ,be thrown into a parking lot of primarily domestic vehicles at an increased risk of having your car damaged?
    No thank you , people have tried in the past to move our event unsuccessfully thats why we have been there for 15 years

22. HarryCheech

HarryCheech Rookie

Mar 4, 2016
    Full Name:
    Harold
    You raise some valid points. It is nice to have a primarily European cars event on a weekly basis as a small low key venue.

23. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    but on a Thursday

24. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila

I'm sure there are a few around for European cars.. the Tuesday night being the only "Italian only" meet. Everything from Miura, to F40, to Fiat Topolino's! :) The usual suspects come out, and sometimes a few new cars pop up - some Molto Raro stuff too. I haven't seen that as of yet on the Wednesday at Walmart, although you can see some other nice stuff from Detroit.

It's right around the corner from my office.... so you can be sure I'll be there every Tuesday when it's not raining! :) (as long as my car keeps running!! knock on wood...).

25. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    he said tapping on his head

sorry Myron you left yourself wide open there (I'll give you a ride in 355)