How to perm disable Daytime Running Lights on CAN going to USA | FerrariChat

How to perm disable Daytime Running Lights on CAN going to USA

Discussion in 'Canada' started by FirstTimeBuyer, Mar 30, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FirstTimeBuyer

Mar 30, 2016
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hello everyone. I have been looking to purchase a 2000 360 modena for a while and might have found one in Canada via autotrader.ca. .. I am aware of the DOT letter, importing procedures;2.5% fee, etc .. but still have a few small details to figure out.

I know day running lights are mandatory in Canada and on the 360 the lights are permanently on. The car is originally from Canada and I would like to bring it into America.

My question has to do with the Daytime Running Lights. Is there is a way to disable this feature on CAN version 360 Modena/Coupe ??

In the 360, is there a DRL Relay Block or is there a loop-back plug in place of the Relay Block which provides ground to the Multifunction Switch (Steering Column High/Low/Flash to Pass switch)??

Is it as simple as finding the resistor and disconnecting it? If so, which number on the parts diagram is it?

I would like to have the option to keep the lights off, low beam, high, etc with the turn knob on the steering column versus the lights being permanently on all the time. Any insights would be appreciated.

thanks.
    Mike

2. FirstTimeBuyer

Mar 30, 2016
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #2 FirstTimeBuyer, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    Hello everyone. I have been looking to purchase a 2000 360 modena for a while and might have found one in Canada via autotrader.ca. .. I am aware of the DOT letter, importing procedures;2.5% fee, etc .. but still have a few small details to figure out.

I know day running lights are mandatory in Canada and on the 360 headlights are permanently on. The car is originally from Canada. I would like to bring it into America.

My question has to do with the Daytime Running Lights. Is there is a way to disable this feature on CAN version 360 Modena/Coupe ??

In the 360, is there a DRL Relay Block or is there a loop-back plug in place of the Relay Block which provides ground to the Multifunction Switch (Steering Column High/Low/Flash to Pass switch)??

Is it as simple as finding the resistor and disconnecting it? If so, which number on the parts diagram is it?

I would like to have the option to keep the lights off, low beam, high, etc with the turn knob on the steering column versus the headlights being permanently on all the time. Any insights would be appreciated.

thanks.
    Mike

3. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    #3 SpyderGT, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I don't know about a 360 but I had a 2004 Maserati Spyder that was imported from the US to Canada. I had FMoV install a the ECU for DRL's. It was a simple removal of the US module (Maserati part 195742) and replacement with the DRL ECU required for Canada (cost about $700 for the Canadian ECU!!). About the size of an old VHS tape. I still have the original US ECU, as pictured although the Maserati was sold and I have no need for it. Assuming the 360 uses an ECU, you should be able to identify the US part number and find one through parts supplier or EBay. Maybe the Maserati and Ferrari ECU's are interchangeable.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
  5. FirstTimeBuyer

Mar 30, 2016
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    thank you for the suggestion regarding the part. i will check in with ricambi and ebay sites..

I will also post under the technical, much appreciated.

6. isaydingdong

isaydingdong Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2014
    ny
    Full Name:
    Sy Sperling
    I needed mine turned on but my Ferrari tech was able to get them working for the riv inspection.