TO Good Ferrari Painter/Detailer | FerrariChat

TO Good Ferrari Painter/Detailer

Discussion in 'Canada' started by KenTO, Jun 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KenTO

KenTO Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2009
    Toronto
    I ended up getting a flat tire driving my '13 458 Italia on the 401 a few weeks ago, and needed a flat bed tow to my house. Long story short, a few weeks later I noticed a quite a few scrapes under my front bumper on the side of the flat tire (through the paint to the plastic). It may have happened going up the flatbed tow, I don't remember scraping it anywhere else. The tow company says it's not there fault, I should have taken photos before and after. You can't see the scrapes unless you look under the car. I'm wondering if it's worth repairing, and should I take it to FoO or is there a better independent shop?

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Bummer for sure !

As a first step, I would call splash bros , take a few phone pics and send to them and see if this is something they could do. You would be amazed at what detailers can do these days.

They provide a dent,scratch service. Maybe something they can recommend, I'm sure they have seen it all and have a recommendation to help you.

Good luck !

Splash Bros. Auto Salon and Spa | Vaughan, Ontario, Canada

3. KenTO

KenTO Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2009
    Toronto
    Thanks! Will try.

4. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    If you need more than detailing, I highly recommend Luxury Auto Body in Etobicoke - Richard Rodrigues is the owner and the nicest man, and does nothing less than outstanding work. Nothing is too small or too large for him to work his magic. He is a car guy, and loves his work. A real craftsman. And surprisingly affordable.

I have gone there for over ten years, nothing less than complete satisfaction for my Ferraris, Range Rover, Mini Cooper S....etc.

26 Chauncey Avenue, Etobicoke, M8Z 2Z4. Tel: 416 233 0768.

Disclaimer - no interest, other than a very satisfied customer.

5. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    Not to hijack the thread but I am also seeking a good detailer to remove some swirls in black 'vintage' paint. I checked the section for suggestions (none to recent other than this) emailed GTA in Detail (waiting) and saw the Splash guys but the photos give me pause (who washes a Ferrari in direct sunlight in pit stop fashion?)

Any other suggestions in the GTA?

6. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    And with a pressure washer. Excellent way to get water past seals meant to keep water out. I won't even do that to my CR-V

7. The Singer

The Singer Karting

Feb 10, 2016
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    #7 The Singer, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    Those photos were taken at a track event....Splash Brothers have a proper facility and experience to do the job right........They did a great job on my fcar and daily drivers.

As long as you use the proper tip on the end of the wand (which controls the pressure and spread), there is absolutely nothing wrong in using a power washing unit.

Gerrit, unless you have used Splash Brothers is it fair you are judging their business in a negative way? After all we are only dealing with people's livelihood!!!

8. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    John, they Have a great depth of experience with both old paint and new paint on cars. Go through their photo gallery. They have the experience and patience to do client cars right. Ask them all the questions you wish, they will explain the process to make you feel comfortable. Some nice heavy iron could show up when you are there.

+1

9. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    I sent them an email. Will see what they say. Now, how to get a Countach not equipped with a passenger side mirror from Yonge & York Mills to Woodbridge in morning traffic. Since I left in 2005 traffic has gotten a little worse in the city. If this goes ahead I hope they allow drop offs at off peak hour times.

10. The Singer

The Singer Karting

Feb 10, 2016
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    John if you like I can drop off the Countach for you - no problem at all.

Or just ask them to come to your place for an estimate.

11. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    Since I don't know you either I have no context to judge your opinion.
    Having rebuilt calipers that were pressure washed by some idiot in the past, I would stand by my opinion that no pressure washer is a wise tool around a car you care about.

They should be more careful with the image presented in photos, they provide no context. We now have your word that it was an 'event', with a Ferrari no less. Image is reality.

When shopping for a service to use for the first time, that impression is a deciding factor. As it is I prefer to do my own work, no issues then with disagreements or questions of quality.

12. The Singer

The Singer Karting

Feb 10, 2016
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    I guess I should reconsider washing a car I care about, with my household garden hose with my 9-pattern nozzle attachment as one of the 9 settings is "jet"........have a great weekend

13. isaydingdong

isaydingdong Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2014
    ny
    Full Name:
    Sy Sperling
    Stans power paint in Markham

14. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    Well there is a big difference between 1000psi and 80psi so yes, your jet setting will be just fine.
    And thank you, I have a great day everyday, not just weekends. :)

15. KenTO

KenTO Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2009
    Toronto
    I'm going with European Autobody, they offered free touch up and I can get proper repair before winter storage.

16. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    cool - you should post before and after pictures.

Hope it comes out perfectly for you !