Funny | FerrariChat

Funny

Discussion in 'Canada' started by zudnic, Jul 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    I was with my cousin and discussing Brexit. Now I wont get into the politics. This is kind of funny! A lady beside us at Starbucks turned and said You sound like those pesky Canadians talking about foreign politics. My cousin says I'm a Canadian lawyer. Not because I'm a lawyer, as a Canadian and citizen of the commonwealth If I live in the UK, I can vote.

2. isaydingdong

isaydingdong Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2014
    ny
    Full Name:
    Sy Sperling
    Brexit was no joke, the British pound has been devalued.

3. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Its only temporary. The EU needs Britain, more then Britain needs them. Germany and France, to the smaller members. Like having the London financial center sort of detached from the rest of Europe. Its also better for us in Canada. The UK, they sort of prepared for a no vote. The referendum was a way for the House of Commons and Lords to save face and not reject Europe by government. The fact is it was rejected by people like me, commonwealth citizens, middle class Brits and Scotland. Fact is since 2011, Canada and the UK, since we share a monarch and head of state. Have aligned foreign affairs. Agreed to share consulates and Embassies. There still 53 countries outside the EU with strong ties to the UK. 55 if you include India and China via Hong Kong. This is why the EU wants Britain, oh I forgot the Arab states and Russia.

Not political. I just think Canada needs to put America on the back burner for once. Focus on strengthen the commonwealth. Realign old alliances with Australia and New Zealand. Fact is Obama and Hillary have disrespected all of us the past eight years.

The EU is already semi sucking up to Canada in free trade. Belgium is the hold up.

4. Toronto308

Toronto308 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Esteban
    To reply to all your points would take a long time. Suffice to say whoever needs whomever more is irrelevant. The UK and the EU need each other. We'll see if you're right, but Scotland (who voted to stay in the EU) can leave the UK anytime now with just cause. That equals instability, which is part of the reason the Pound has, well, taken a pounding. The situation is lose-lose. What a mistake.

5. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    The real fact is Canadians even more so, and Americans should have a lot more respect for the British. Without England. Non of us would be here today. Both Canadians and Americans are basically thanks for all the support and global leadership. We bankrupted you and now you have no value join Europe, you are no use too us now. Americans loved Britain when it was in Iraq. Now no longer needed, Obama said join Europe or be put on the back burner. Gee thanks for making English the language of international commerce.

All Canadians that want Britain in the EU, you are all traitors. No Britain, Canada is no longer a constitutional monarchy!

6. 412monzaindy

412monzaindy Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    PBI
    We should thank the Chinese for building the railroads and the Italians for inventing the Telephone and wireless. Brexit will work.