Parts for our cars in Canada | FerrariChat

Parts for our cars in Canada

Discussion in 'Canada' started by UpNorth, Dec 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UpNorth

UpNorth Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 30, 2006
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Francois
    Hi guys,
    I'd like to know where you guys buy parts for your cars. Right now I have to buy gas struts for the front hood on my TR. One thing for sure I cannot get this at Canadian Tire in my area.
    So I'm looking up on ebay and amazon...Where I can find something to please the miss sitting in the garage.
    The price looks ok but you can be sure I'll be kicked somewhere with transport and trans border fees.
    Any suggestions on ways to shop on this side of the border for F-parts?
    TIA.

2. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    I've bought all my fcar stuff off UK suppliers and ebay.de. The CAD/GBP rate makes the former very attractive these days, and German sellers tend to have top-quality stuff that's easily available. I find buying the US is a bit too expensive, especially given the astronomical rates quoted by a few of the regular suppliers there--I mean, $50 USD to ship a $1.25 o-ring?

3. shross

shross Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    LS technologies will repair your gas struts to better than new. They are located in Saskatoon. Nolan, the owner is great and the price is right.

4. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    The front hood lifts are Stabilus or Sachs part number SG437003. Parts Source or Napa or any decent auto supply place should be able to get these. Also a US manufacturer Strong Arm has part number 6280, I think this is the brand Canadian Tire carries! Take your old one in to the store and see if it looks like a match. The rebuild option to keep things original is also viable with the Canadian supplier noted.

But it is true parts in Canada are not so easily available. I use Eurospares out of the UK and find the shipping as good or better than the US. Superformance is also excellent. The best US supplier is Ricambi, but there is also AW Italian and FerrParts. In any event, you can use their exploded parts diagram to id the part number. Then I often check with Ferrari of Ontario, you can email a part number and they will tell you price and availability, they stock or can get more than one might expect. Not sure about shipping as I pick up in person.

5. 12097

12097 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Regina, Canada
    I have had them rebuild/remanufacture lift struts for me.

They provided me with excellent service (48 hours), and are great people to deal with.

Their list of customers include Fortune 500 companies and some of the products are/have been quite literally "out of this world" ;) ;) ;).

6. UpNorth

UpNorth Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 30, 2006
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Francois
    Thanks guys. I'll drop a mail to LS and see what they can offer.

7. seabass23

seabass23 Karting

Nov 6, 2016
    St Albert, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Check with Exoparts in Mississauga. 1-800-324-1380

I'm only an aspiring Ferrari Owner, but I've bought BMW parts from them on a couple of occasions. I'm looking at the free notepad they sent with my last order which states that they carry parts for Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Maserati.

8. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    Try Gentry Lane, they seem to still have a ton of older Ferrari parts, as they were once a Ferrari dealer. Gentry Lane Automobiles 770 Dupont Street, Toronto Tel: (416) [email protected]

Also try calling here, in the basement there is a guy Steve who deals in Ferrari parts. Can't remember the business name. Alfa Motorsports | Vehicles for sale in Toronto, ON M9B 1B8 Going through the lot is a journey into Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Lancia etc history! Lots of decaying old Italian automobiles!

9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Exo Parts does not keep anything in stock for the exotics. They always bring it in from various other suppliers (more then likely the ones we already know) They are not shy about marking the price up either. I deal with Exo parts daily BTW.

10. seabass23

seabass23 Karting

Nov 6, 2016
    St Albert, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Good to know. They are my go-to for original BMW parts since they are usually around 30% less than the stealer-ship.

11. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    If they are same size as the F355, I bought 4 (2 front 2 rears) from Daytona, instock and $35 CAD each...beats anyone's price and they are local. Try them too.

12. UpNorth

UpNorth Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 30, 2006
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Francois
    Got my shocks from LS via Canada Post.
    Everything went a-ok.
    Thanks guys!