Andretti to Run CCR in 2013 | FerrariChat

Andretti to Run CCR in 2013

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by johnhoughtaling, Jan 31, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Andretti Sports Marketing Announces Partnership with Challenge Club Racing
    Agency to assist with five events in 2013

INDIANAPOLIS (Jan. 30, 2013) – Andretti Sports Marketing partners with Challenge Club Racing to promote the exciting world of the club racing series. The Indianapolis-based sports marketing company will be assisting with general event management for five of the scheduled Challenge Club races at Sebring, Daytona, Road America, Watkins Glen and the French Quarter Classic in New Orleans. With Challenge Club Racing opening in conjunction with the American Le Mans (ALMS) 12 Hours of Sebring event, this new partnership provides an opportunity to lend and leverage Challenge Club Racing to a new audience of racing enthusiasts.

“Our partnership with Challenge Cub Racing gives us the opportunity to showcase our event management abilities, while promoting one of the fastest growing independent racing series in the United States,” said Starke Taylor, Executive Vice President of Andretti Sports Marketing. “We are looking forward to this season and building on the success of Challenge Club Racing.”

The Challenge Club Racing championship is independently built from one of the largest groups of Ferrari racing privateers in the United States. This unique series was created to allow Ferrari owners the thrill of competing on some of the world’s greatest racetracks against fellow Ferrari owners.

“We’re excited to be partnering with Andretti Sports Marketing, we feel that this partnership will add a heightened level of professionalism, diversity and further strengthen our growing sport,” said John Houghtaling, President and Founder of Challenge Club Racing.

To learn more about Challenge Club Racing, please visit: challengeclubracing.com. For more information on Andretti Sports Marketing, please visit: andrettisportsmarketing.com.

About Challenge Club Racing
    The Challenge Club Racing (CCR) championship is a factory independent spec Ferrari racing series and the largest group of Ferrari racing privateers in the country. The CCR Championship drivers compete in identical Ferrari 355, 360, and 430 factory built racing cars. Drivers are not professionals; they are successful doctors, lawyers and entrepreneurs in their day jobs that moonlight by living the fantasy as amateur Ferrari race car drivers. For more information, please visit Challenge Club Racing.

About Andretti Sports Marketing, LLC.
    Andretti Sports Marketing, LLC is based in Indianapolis with regional offices in Toronto, New York and Fort Lauderdale. Andretti Sports Marketing, LLC manages turn-key marketing solutions for its professional sports marketing clients. Led by racing legend Michael Andretti, Andretti Sports Marketing collaborates with MDC Partners’ agencies, blending a winning formula for corporations within the sports marketing industry and to provide a seamless North American activation footprint. For more information, visit andrettisportsmarketing.com.

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  3. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    That rocks...I met Bobby Rahal when I was a teen and he treated my friend and I like sh t, but I really like his kid and I am more often giving him the benefit of the doubt that he might just have been having a bad day.

He is a good "car" guy from what I can tell.

Regards,
    Matt B

4. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    I want to thank Michael Andretti and Starke Taylor for believing in the series and its potential. We will be announcing the amazing team they have put together to run the series in 2013.

There is a large lead team, and the Andretti companies are fully committed and behind it so I can finally take my hands off the wheel (some may be very happy about this!!). I am truly backing away from the day to day management of the series. We now have it to a level that it needs true professionals at every level. The organization will help allow things to run beautifully at all levels and will truly bring the Ferrari racing series to an elite world class level with talented departments allowing it to flourish.

One thing I can promise, although in 2013 CCR will have some of the best and brightest racing professionals in all departments, CCR will stay true to its roots of outstanding value, and stay grounded in the foundation of a low pressure, enjoyable, enthusiast's based gentlemen's club racing series.

I think all of the drivers and members of CCR should be very proud today. It doesn't happen without your enthusiasm, love of the Ferrari mark, and proof that safe gentlemen's racing can be a reality. This happened because of all of you. Thank you!

5. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Is this deal dead? ASM went to radio silence on this last round. Will they be promoting the next round at Road America?

6. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Rob

Haven't seen much of you in 2013 but look forward to seeing you at Road America.

We are determining what services are best to use in house versus outsource, and the direction we want to go. Much of it depends on the direction of our calendar and whether we want to do more pro support races or be the feature races for exotic car events. For efficiency and value on some events it makes sense to use some more roles and services in house, but CCR is still working with Andretti Sports Marketing to fine tune our most efficient use of funds and our sponsor fund raising strategy and direction for 2013 and 2014. Several things are in the works to determine everyone's highest best use and this is in development. Some events are run and produced by CCR and a larger staff and at others, like the Road America, we are a feature invited race at the FCA's 50th Anniversery, and thus some events are jointly run by CCR and our partners like Celebration and the FCA. During these events the expense and necessity of an increased staff has to be taken into account.

Regardless should not be experiencing any radio silence from CCR. Fengler is the contact for HSR and CCR racing rules and complience, Peter A. for race control and Yulia for logistics, communication and billing. We are gaining momentum and are nearly completed with our calendar for 2014. We will publish it as soon as we have it.

7. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks for the update. Colin and I will both be at Road America so hoping for a strong field in the 355 class!