New Fiat Abarth/ANSA Race Car | FerrariChat

New Fiat Abarth/ANSA Race Car

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by WCH, May 7, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Prepared by ANSA to CCR spec. Brand new - never tracked, never driven on the street. Will sell at a substantial discount to the cost of a new one. White.

Have moved and I don't have room for this very cool little car. Spare OZ race wheels and all the stock street goodies removed to convert the car to race prep are included.

I will post it on Ferrariads as soon as I take photos. Car is in West Palm Beach.

PM me if you are interested.

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Will, can you post some more info? I'm not in the market, but it sounds like an interesting car.

Dale

3. md_666

md_666 Rookie

Jun 15, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Martin D
    WCH-

Interested, exactly what I was going to build. Can you please send info to my email?

[email protected]

Thanks

4. md_666

md_666 Rookie

Jun 15, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Martin D
    WCH-

I am interested if the car is still for sale. Please send info...

[email protected]

Thanks-

Martin

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    have any of the Abarths been racing?

6. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    #6 Entropy, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think Alain built 16 or 17 of the cars so far, and I think (wisely) his pricing moved up.

We have car #13, pics attached. There have been no races alongside CCR since the initial one last year at NOLA, though I have run this in a couple local club races for fun.

I also added the AIM Evo4/SmartyCam GP and TG Dash (out of my old F430C). Biggest thing we did was have our Challenge team and an engineer set the car up - all the same pieces, but worked the suspension/setup and pressures (on Hoosier R6's on the white OZ wheels, not pictured) so the car feels much, much better on track. And it's still street legal and registered, though I know the debate about road cars and cages.

This car is a blast - it won't keep up with a Cayman, it rewards good technique.
    We may consider selling it; candidly we bought it for my daughter, but we are having trouble getting it to work with the pedal distances, but this is a good, safe starter car. Worst case I'll change the wrap, put good DOT tires on the White OZ's and make it a commuter car.

FWIW ANSA did a nice job; the cage is extremely well built and all their mods were done very professionally. They were never asked to do development, but we did probably as much as you could in about 1/2 day. Powertrain still 100% stock (and under warranty).

Credit to Mark McKenzie, I copied his rear window idea.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I like that cage, car looks great. what club racing classes and organizations can you run like that? thanks.

8. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I'm assuming SCCA B-spec and maybe World Challenge TCB (?)

9. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    New Orleans last year a couple of guys raced them. It was fun to watch. They were ran with street tires. Ansa does the prep for them in Miami.

10. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    I've only (so far) run it with some of the local clubs, which have classes but is basically "run what you brung" based on power-to-weight estimates. Would not qualify for B-spec given it has the turbo Abarth motor vs. base 500 version (i think...)

The car with street tires feels like you are cornering on bowling balls; the Hoosiers are better, but we had to lower the car, put a lot more preload on the springs and stiffen the shocks a lot. We were afraid the car would simply tip over in a tight turn, but feels good.

The other trick we're working on is braking; the car feels like it wants to do a front somersault; brakes are over modulated, with the setup now it's better but there is room to play with pads and cooling

11. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    I've only (so far) run it with some of the local clubs, which have classes but is basically "run what you brung" based on power-to-weight estimates. Would not qualify for B-spec given it has the turbo Abarth motor vs. base 500 version (i think...)

The car with street tires feels like you are cornering on bowling balls; the Hoosiers are better, but we had to lower the car, put a lot more preload on the springs and stiffen the shocks a lot. We were afraid the car would simply tip over in a tight turn, but feels good.

The other trick we're working on is braking; the car feels like it wants to do a front somersault; brakes are over modulated, with the setup now it's better but there is room to play with pads and cooling

12. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
  13. YuliaHoughtaling

Apr 15, 2013
    New Orleans

Hello William
    Im sent you PM, please check and let me now your thought))

Yulia

14. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Bump - price reduced to $25,000.

Never driven, includes the parts removed in conversion plus the set of race wheels.