30 Challenge Cars on CCR Grid: FCA National | FerrariChat

30 Challenge Cars on CCR Grid: FCA National

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by johnhoughtaling, Aug 1, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    A special thanks to everyone who made it happen. Once again CCR has reached 30 Ferrari challenge cars on grid. This time as the feature race of the FCA National 50th anniversary.

Special thanks to Yulia, Pete A. and Ken Fengler who are taking my place, as I tragically am out of the country on a project. Imagine my wife, running a Ferrari race when I cannot be there!

Considering there are about 8 new drivers for this race, and a great 355 field, it demonstrates how successful the series has become.

Good luck everyone, be safe and make us proud! It's hard to be on the sidelines! I know Mark Mckenzie and Cooper McNeil are happy Im not there so they have a chance to win! ;)

2. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    :D

3. redcar1

redcar1 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    Full Name:
    Mark
    We really missed you John!

Cooper schooled all of us on RdAmerica Saturday, but he couldn't make Sunday's race.

Beautiful weather, awesome track, terrific event.

Thanks for making it possible!

Mark

4. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Very Impressive!

5. UAS

UAS Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2008
    Glen Cove, NY
    Great job to everyone, and congrats to all podium winners...(especially our drivers Mckenzie, Rubbo, Castellana and Petit...:).

Also, probably one of the best CCR battles to day between Joe Rubbo and Jason Kennedy...trading positions twice in 1 turn! Great, clean racing!

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    what were the best times run over the weekend? I heard 2:16-17? that is really fast.

7. redcar1

redcar1 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    Full Name:
    Mark
    We only ran one qualifying session, and I had pole at 2:16.989 for about 2 minutes and that whippersnapper, Coop, went 2:16.980. Suddenly it was 2011 all over again...

Mark

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    LOL, that is fun fun. So you think just under 2:17 was about as fast as you guys could get under conditions?

There is a 16M in Blue DE group that claims he was going 2:18's on R6's. I can't remember if you ever had a 16M, what do you imagine the lap delta is between 16M on R6's vs. your modified 430 C on slicks? Congrats on your win!

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/tracking-driver-education/417746-road-america-fca-international-event.html

9. redcar1

redcar1 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Mmmmmmm. Perhaps he was turning right at T5 then going back to the front straight through the paddock????

I spent a fair amount of time in a 430Scuderia at Tremblant, and they are awesome cars, but there is no way a 16M does 2:18s at RdAm on R6s.

Mark

10. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    BANNED Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    I was with some of the Continental group Saturday night at Siebkens for a while. Scott was trying to get Coop to head back to his room because of the Sunday race.

Jeff

11. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    You guys were FLYING. I was photographing during the qualifying session and I couldn't believe how much faster you were than everyone else. The visual difference is stunning in the speed carried through the corners. Although I thought Cooper was going to wreck multiple times - he was using ALL of the track and then some.