Broken City "co-starring" JH | FerrariChat

Broken City "co-starring" JH

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by jakermc, Aug 28, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Just caught this flick on the flight home from Hong Kong yesterday. John puts in an incredible performance, drinking and shaking hands. Of course it's easy when you are playing yourself. ;)

I saw those scenes were filmed in New Orleans. So what's the story behind the cameo?

2. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    #2 johnhoughtaling, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    Ha.

They shot my house as a double for the Mayors Grady Mansion. In some scenes its doubled as rooms in the Carlyle Hotel. During the 9 day shoot Walberg cast me as the character Harris Sargent. The part was originally a central role as the guy who does the crooked billion dollar real estate deal that takes Russell Crowe down. (Apparently i look like the dirty businessman who will take a mayor down, lol) I apparently totally sucked because the entire storyline was cut out. They were so desperate they awkwardly had to cut around my crappy acting scenes that you never understand how the deal goes down. So I must have been awful. So now I'm just the idiot in various scenes drinking, shaking hands and laughing with Russell and Catherine.

But I have some very funny stories with Russell trying to give me acting lessons.

3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Very cool!