Homestead Results? | FerrariChat

Homestead Results?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by rob lay, Feb 10, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    haven't seen on website or Facebook yet.

2. Mr Turbo

Mr Turbo Rookie

Apr 1, 2012
    Sebastian, FL
    Full Name:
    Jim H.
    Like last year, they were chronically late posting results. I should have taken a picture of the timing and scoring sheets when they handed them out 10 minutes after the races ended, and posted them. But then...can't the CCR crew do that also?
    Great exhibition of gentleman drivers during the whole weekend, although I thought there was some overly aggressive driving among some of the 430's.

3. Lcawley

Lcawley Karting

Nov 16, 2011
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Lance C. Cawley
    Generally both very good races, but you are right several of the guys in the 430s were aggressive, I was not one of them. I understand one got disqualified and or a penalty. The sun was blinding on Saturday on turns one and eight. Can't wait till Sebring.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I like hard close racing, but not dumb uncontrolled moves. Nothing worse than someone dive bombing under braking into a turn. Those are usually the dumbest moves that end up with the most damage front to side impact. Why people pick a Ferrari and series like CCR to learn to race I don't know.

5. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Steve Hill won both races in 430. John Fatigati won both in 355. Not sure what happened in 360.

My first weekend in the 430 did not go so well. Initially plagued with handling issues I lost nearly all of my practice time and the car remained 'nervous' all weekend, In race 1 I blew a tire with 1 1/2 laps to go (was in 6th place) and had to park in T8. Then before race 2 my fire bottle went off on the grid so I had a DNS.

Yellow cards were given out to aggressive drivers (warnings) and one 430 driver was DQ'ed in race 2, presumably getting a 13 month probation as well. The series is making good progress towards enforcing the spirit of gentlemen racing. We as drivers must also do our part for this to be successful.

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Tough luck Rob, you will get it sorted out! Typical for first outing in race car.

great to hear!

7. FerrariFan1991

FerrariFan1991 Karting

Jan 23, 2011
    Southeast FL
    Full Name:
    Greg D.
    In the 360 class, Patrick Mullaney won race #1, followed, respectively, by John Herlihy and Ken Marlin, who had electrical/power issues.

For race #2, Ken Marlin got the issues with his 360 sorted out, and jumped to first on the start (among the 360s), and held on for a solid win, followed by John Herlihy and Patrick Mullaney (DNF).

For the 458 class, Jim Booth won race #1, followed by Mario Guerin. In race #2, Jim was leading until he left the race early, leaving Mario Guerin to take the win.

8. Mr Turbo

Mr Turbo Rookie

Apr 1, 2012
    Sebastian, FL
    Full Name:
    Jim H.
    When CCR posts their points standings on their website, I would not be surprised to see different scoring than the provisional results on race day. As a result of the contact on Saturday race, I watched Yulia swapping trophies around for the 430's on Sunday morning!

9. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Hmmmmm. I thought contact in RACING was normal?

10. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    13/13 rules that prohibit contact in Club Racing have been around for many, many years; CCR is hardly unique in enforcing this rule.

Personally, if I can't execute a pass without hitting the friend driving next to me then I don't have the talent to attempt the pass. I'd rather wait for the next opportunity or miss on the plastic trophy before causing thousands of dollars worth of damage to both of our cars.

Good line heard over the weekend: What do a Spec Miata and a Ferrari Challenge car have in common? You can't cause $10,000 of damage to either one.

11. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I'm not aware of any changes to the 430 results. I can say with 100% certainty that my teammate Steve Hill took home both of his 1st place trophies.

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Not real club racing. ;) Before your time only Vintage racing had the 13/13, then came along NASA. I have been out of racing since 2011 and haven't done SCCA since 2010, but I doubt they have adopted 13/13 since.

The thing is SCCA guys had to go through pretty intense school, probation, and regional racing before they could even do a national. SCCA was always very strict about rules enforcement and penalties, they were a group of volunteers bored to death only waiting for their 5 minutes of fame each weekend to let some sloppy racer have it. Rarely did I have problems with other racers in SCCA, I actually had more problems with NASA and CCR under 13/13 just because of the experience level and oversight.

I still think 13/13 is real club racing, I was kidding, but the best club racing is with qualified drivers, strict organization, intense racing, and cars the driver can afford to write off.

13. vlamgat

vlamgat Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    Rob as you will recall, SCCA has an elaborate Court system to deal with incidents. The FastTrack published monthly minutes the proceeding of all Court hearings and judgements in regional and Major events. But there has to be a Plaintiff to initiate the process. Verdicts can be the whole gamut including loss of license although I have never seen one of those. You do have to pay a fee to bring a case and if you lose, you lose your fee. If you win you get it back - usually. One can learn a lot from the case descriptions.

14. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    13/13 rules strictly enforced at thus event. Do not be surprised if you hear of people getting kicked out this year if the violate. KGB is enforcing rules, so no exceptions

15. Joeyung

Joeyung Karting

Mar 9, 2011
    Kentucky
    Will they ever post the results? Wasn't the race two weeks ago?

16. Lcawley

Lcawley Karting

Nov 16, 2011
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Lance C. Cawley
    I am in favor of enforcing the rules to minimize damage and unnecessary risk. Look forward to Sebring.

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I use to take a picture of the qualifying and race sheets, then post them within the hour. :eek:

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    no results, but the points are shown on website.

19. UAS

UAS Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2008
    Glen Cove, NY
    pictures & video are still missing from events last season as well...total bummer

20. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    We are in the midst of a total makeover of the site. Everyone I am sure will be pleased with the upgrades. Almost done.

21. UAS

UAS Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2008
    Glen Cove, NY
    Awesome! Cant wait to see it

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I thought the old site was pretty cool except not having 2011 results. :)

23. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    #23 ARTNNYC, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    still no updated site and no results from the Homestead race....hmmmm

24. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    anyone have the results from Sebring?

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    posted on their Facebook, good turnout Race 1 dropping off for Race 2. excited to see the close racing (from the results).