Sicom refurbished rotors anyone? | FerrariChat

Sicom refurbished rotors anyone?

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by horatiu, Oct 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. horatiu

horatiu Guest

May 30, 2010
    I want to send my 458 challenge rotors to Sicom for a refurbishment operation, but since the price is more or less equal to a steel brakes conversion, I need more feedback from people who used to race these rotors . Thank you.

2. SICOM

SICOM Rookie
    BANNED

May 21, 2015
    #2 SICOM, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't know if the day light helps but the work on them looks fantastic.

4. RotarySwingGolf

RotarySwingGolf Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2011
    Florida and Idaho
    How can you refurbish these?? It's not like steel where you just need to smooth the surface. These burn up from the inside and lose weight as they get used as the material burns up. Refinishing the surface would do nothing.

5. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    There are a some posts in the 360/430 section about this, including posts from Sicom - try take a look. I couldn't find the link to their web-site, but it is there somewhere.

Edit: found it in this post: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360-430/437552-anyone-tried-sicom-similar-ccm-refurbishment.html

Sicom: http://www.carbonceramicbrake.com/refurbishment-service.html

6. SICOM

SICOM Rookie
    BANNED

May 21, 2015
    Ceramic discs have upto 15 layers of material.

We remove destroyed layers and add as much as neccesary and apply our patented finish layer on top.

The result is matching oem spec and a disc that can withstand repeated track use.

Proof is our ever growing customer base and we have done Aventadors, numerous Ferraris, Audis and hundreds of Porsches this year alone. Please check out Sicom Brakes on social media.