Ferrari 348 GT Copetzione EUR 249.500,-- | FerrariChat

Ferrari 348 GT Copetzione EUR 249.500,--

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Feb 11, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    #1 Ferrari 308 Vetro, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    wondering, but here is the link: Ferrari 348 GT Copetzione NR.13 als Sportwagen/Coupé in Neuwied

Ferrari 348 GT Copetzione NR.13

Einer von 50 gebauten Sondermodellen.
    Dies ist der einzigste mit der Nummer 13 auf der Welt
    Es ist mit einer enormen Wertsteigerung zu rechnen
    •Fahrzeug komplett in rot lackiert
    •I.A.
    •gewichtsreduzierte Türen
    •mehrteilige Speedline Felgen
    •kleines Schild von S.F. auf den
    •vorderen Kotflügel(wie beim F 40)
    •Lenkrad vom TYP GT mit eingravierter NR 13
    •Rennsitze rot vom F 40
    •Rennpedalerie
    •Edelstahl Sportauspuff

ABH Liberty GmbH
    Insterburger str 11 bei Autohaus Krämer
    56564 Neuwied, Deutschland
    Tel. : +49 163 9317812
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Looks amazing. Love the seats.

Robb

3. m80hot

m80hot Formula Junior

May 15, 2006
    manchester uk
    Full Name:
    Rich
    185,000 pounds !!!

why didnt I buy one when they were 50,000

4. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    ... That's a very strong asking price for what is essentially a 348 with some tuner garnish!

5. m80hot

m80hot Formula Junior

May 15, 2006
    manchester uk
    Full Name:
    Rich
    No no no ... It has carbon panels ... Was put together by the guys who built the f40 and 288

It is one of the missing links ....

6. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Did they race also? Not this one, but some of the 50 built?

7. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    It has some (bumpers and door skins) true. It was ultimately created to shift slow selling 348 chassis as an end of life run out model. Nothing wrong in that, and you could argue that it is pre-cursor to the run out special line that includes 355 Fiorano Pack, Challenge Stradale, Scud, Speciale etc. Still don't see how it's worth the sums being asked.

8. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    This car is fantastic...

9. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    As long as you don't ever drive it....

10. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    So testy in driving?

11. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Not sure what testy means but you need to remember that all these "kits" we're done to try and sell a stock of cars that was almost impossible to sell. The Challenge series was the brain child of Daniel Marin, the then importer for France, who suggested it to Ferrari so as to move the cars. In those days the kit cost 50k French francs (about $7K) and you drove the car to and from the track.

I had the 1st 348 delivered in France where I was living at the time and it was not just the worst Ferrari ever built but one of the worst cars ever built. I had kept my 328 and getting back into it was like getting into a Supercar.

No matter what, the 348 was a technological and commercial disaster and all the "exclusive" versions were built so as to sell the unsellable....

Just because it had a badge on it did not hide the disaster that it was (and still is)

12. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    http://youtu.be/ZpkzYIWUptc
    Sorry could not find the 348 ;)

13. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I cant wait for the market to crash. Stupid money for this car.

14. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    very nice

15. supermafy

supermafy Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2013
    Rome (it)
    I've seen it just one time, in Rome. much more aggressive than standard 348 Tb, and with very nice sport seats

16. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Understood. By testy i wanted to say about the difficulty of driving it.. 'Strange' car to be precise...

I've heard stories about the 348..but only about the construction's quality..not about the 'drivability'..

:)

17. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
  18. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
  19. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    No. The 50 built were all street cars only. The US equivalent of this car was the 45 factory built 348 Challenge cars, some of which were raced. The 50 Competizione cars have the H motor and euro F40 seats and some other small differences but the same bumpers and suspension geometry as the US 45 Factory Challenge cars, and some other shared special parts too.

There is a 348 Competizione model that was raced but they were not part of this group of 50 GT Competizione cars.

20. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
  21. Dazzling

Dazzling Formula 3

Nov 18, 2010
    Adelaide
    Full Name:
    Darren
    Sorry the Challenge cars and the GTC are different beasts. These cars were sold at the very end of the series, were built alongside the 355 and weren't advertised by the factory for sale (they were available through certain dealers only), so they are definitely not a run out "special" designed to get rid of the last chassis's

For more info refer Ferrari 348 GTC (unfortunately the site is down temporarily) :(

Again they are not related to the challenge cars and they didn't have the same bumpers and suspension geometry as those cars, they are different. refer to the above website (should be back up in a week or 2)

There were 50 road cars made, 11 race cars and 2 LM cars :cool:

22. 914

914 Karting

Aug 17, 2014
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Maarten
  23. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Darren, the factory built 45 challenge cars for the US that received the same composite bumpers that the 50 Competizione street cars received. Those 45 cars also got a different suspension geometry shared only with the Competizione cars. The US never received the Competizione cars and the 45 Challenge cars built at the factory were what we received. I spoke to someone at Ferrari who was in charge of the program and this is what he told me.

He also told me that no other part of the world got a run of factory challenge cars. They all had regular street cars that were converted. They did, however, get the very high spec Competizione and other models with the H motor.

24. Dazzling

Dazzling Formula 3

Nov 18, 2010
    Adelaide
    Full Name:
    Darren
    I'd be surprised if anyone at the factory could tell you anything, I have had very little luck with my enquiries, but if you have some contact details you can share, could you please PM me :D

The GTC has carbon fibre bumpers front and rear (not fibreglass), carbon fibre doors, F40 seats, the 119H motor, a different exhaust header arrangement, a lighter exhaust system (not the same as the challenge exhaust, as it wasn't street legal), 18" Competizione wheels and I believe suspension pick-up points that mirrored the 355 (could this have been the same as the Challenge cars?). The cars has a similar power to weight ratio as the 355.

They were not really a run out special as they were never properly announced or marketed by the factory. I have never really been able to find out what the factory were thinking when they produced them and because of the imminent release of the 355 (they were built alongside them) they were in many ways forgotten, but they are truly very good cars and the real start of the lightweight V8 specials that spawned the CS, Scud and Speciale models

25. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Exactly right on the suspension pick up points being shared between this car and the 45 factory challenge cars. Also, I was told the bumpers were the same material. The US challenge cars didn't get the rest though - no doors, no H motor (not us legal), no headers and exhaust.

You should know who my source is. He's the mastermind behind several special programs at Ferrari and written up in many Ferrari books. He's not the only one with all the knowledge but he's the best to talk to as he was in charge of it all.